bodyquicken?

bodyquicken

The above product is advertised as "the ONLY acetylcholine-based neural accelerator currently on the market". Acetylcholine is a chemical neurotransmitter which facilitates the firing of motor neurons. Supposedly this product increases your ability to contract and control your muscles and is supposed to give increased speed and training response.

It sounds like a bunch of typical supplement mumbo-jumbo hype to me, but if this is for real, this could be bigger than creatine.

They have a few celebrity athlets which endorse it like Scot Mendelson, champion bench presser. I found out about this product in the latest Powerlifting USA magazine.

Anyone have any idea if the claims are real, or just a gimmick to get your money?

The link leads to 'This Account Has Been Suspended'. But it sounds like another gimmick. If it's not, I want studies!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=search&DB=pubmed

There you go. Have fun.

About athletes promoting supps...have you seen that Haney video?The first thing he says:I don`t need no anabolic steroids, coz Joe Weiders super duper protein ****(i forget which one) gives me all i need to grow. That pretty much clears up the situation, no?
biggrin.gif

The guy who invented his product has written a book on how to live a rich, jet-setting lifestyle 4 Hour Work Week.  I picked-up a copy on a lark at Barnes & Noble and plan to return it after done with the quick read.  I am not saying the product doesn't work -- it may, for all I know.  But a couple of quick notes about his book should give one pause.  

First, there is special two page section entitled "How to Become a Top Expert in 4 Weeks"

His definition of an expert:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">&quot;Expert&quot; in the context of selling product means that you know more about the topic than the purchaser.  </div>

On profit:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I personally aim for a 8-10x markup. which means $100 product can't cost more than $10-$12.50. If I had used the commonly recommended 5x markup with BrainQUICKEN [original name of the product], it would have gone bankrupt within 6 months due to...</div>

Lastly, I can't find the quote right now, but as I recall in my quick scan, the product has one main objective: to generate the bucks that allow him to live a rich, jet-setting lifestyle.  I might not mind that myself, but it does make you wonder about the product.  Never-the-less, if it actually works, I suppose it just becomes a matter of if it is worth the asking price.

He has led a heck of a life, no doubt, but in the world of business he is first, and formost, a salesman (ever hear of Kevin Trudeau?).

I bought the Kevin Trudeau memory course, as I have a really poor memory most of the time...$70.00 for about a 12 tape collection I think it was...I'm not sure...but most of it was pretty confusing and hastily put together; information all scattered about with a lot of redundancy...of course making more tapes that way. I did learn a thing or two from it as far as visual aids, which we guys are best at, but all the rest: I can't remember.
The real kicker came in when I was in a grocery store and there was this little $1-2.00 booklet entitled &quot;Memory for Dummies&quot; at the checkout counter. It had EXACTLY the same stuff from the tapes in it and it was about a 5 minute read, at the most.  
rock.gif

Wanna bet he drives a nice car?

Yeah, I had a job where I often had 3-4 hour drives so I bought a bunch of self-improvement tapes to pass the time.  I've got his Mega Memory course, too!  Later, he was selling other stuff and you may have noticed lately that he has had two books on the market about natural cures &quot;they&quot; don't want you to know about.

Maybe he is the proverbial &quot;Complete Renaissance Man,&quot; but I just see him as always looking for an angle to sell.

OK, a little off topic, but Ferris reminded me of one of these mega-salesman types.

Yeah, like what's up with those guys on tv telling you they will sell you their get rich secret for making millions...do they need the money?
For that matter, what's up with TRUMP? Is he just bored with life as a billionaire?

Back