BSN Synta-6 has too much fat?

bobpit

BSN Syntha-6:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/synth.html

100 r of powder contain:
13,6 gr fat
34 gr carbos
50 gr protein

So this is a very expensive 50% protein powder. And it contains 13,6% fat. I guess the fat helps it become sustained release. I can see the benefits of this if you take it before sleep or during the day. But is this appropriate for pre/post workout?

I could buy a cheaper and faster Whey, then add some Omega-3 caps or 3-4 almonds to make it slower. This way I will have the same effect like Syntha-6.

Am I right here?

If you include some psyllium husk powder you would at least be close. Syntha-6 includes some MCT, but the 5 grams of fiber per serving is higher than any other protein supplement that I am aware of. Proteins plus good fat plus fiber ... You can probably concoct that yourself.

Psyllium husk powder is a good source of fiber. I could use ground flax seeds (fiber + healthy fats).

<div>
(bobpit @ Jun. 27 2007,14:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I could buy a cheaper and faster Whey, then add some Omega-3 caps or 3-4 almonds to make it slower. This way I will have the same effect like Syntha-6.

Am I right here?</div>
That's what I would do. 2.91 lbs for 25 bucks not including s&amp;h is not a good deal. Check out THE Supplement Warehouse. They have pretty good prices over there. I recently bought 10 lbs of protein for 60 bucks including shipping.

P.S. I second the additional EFA's that you would be adding. The only true benefit this powder has is when you are bulking, but you could find cheaper ways to make your shakes more caloric - chocolate syrup, olive oil, etc...

Back