bulking ratio??

S_F_H

I'm trying a 30/50/20 (pro/carbs/fat)

since I saw people going on 40/40/20 (boys and girls) and were cutting down the bodyfat%, I thought 30/50/20 would allow me to put on some weight...
what are ur thoughts on it?

thx!!

Forget ratios and please read the articles and do a search. This has been discussed at least 389473289561 times.

Basically ratio's don't matter. What's important is total calorie intake, and meeting your requirements. 1g/lb of bw for protein and your essential fats.

does either theory been backed up by any scientific research?? because right now im eating 337g of Carbs and 200g of protein and 60g of fat... and i weigh 145lbs.. from what i've read and heard, even with the caloric intake higher, the carbs inake we'll be making us grow bigger since thats what put on the mass, in terms of poundage... i might be completely wrong, but i'm wondering if those are only your thoughts or proven studies/research/facts. Since bodybuilding is filled with beliefs and thoughts...

thx

[b said:
Quote[/b] (S_F_H @ Sep. 23 2005,8:16)]so we can definetly grow regardless of carbs intake?? (to a certain extent of course)
Yes, albeit low carb diets may not give enough energy to train hard as you should. Also to get enough calories is hard without carbs and finally, things with carbs taste good :D

cool thx!!
so basically, build up a diet of 1g/lb of prot, 0.5g/lb of EFA and everything else of carbs??

also, just wondering, on a cutting diet.. are we using the carbs the same way??
means that lowering the cals will obviously lower the carbs etc...

could i gain too much fat by eating as much as 50% of carbs?
even my protein intake is higher than the 1g/lb (200g of prot/day)... otherwise, I'd have to kick up my protein intake again to lower a bit my carbs intake..

Back