Bulking

II TsLiM II

Alright well since i don't have much body fat to cut from to start with, say i want to bulk would that increase my form or shape of my body to be bigger? then essentially afterwards i would cut to get more lean?. Also i've been eating about 6-7 meals aday, Starting:

Oatmeal - 6:15
1/2 cup of Cashews - 9:30ish
6 oz. of chicken breast on Whole wheat bread - 11:30
Protein shake before and after workout - 2:50
Salad with 4 oz. of chicken breast - 7
Banana and cashews - 9:30

Not sure if thats the right stuff to start with, i'm kind of a noob at nutrition so if you guys could make a sample meal or what foods i should eat and intake that would be great.

Also i'm 5'9 129 pounds, 16.5 years old.

Thanks alot.

Where's the beef? Eat some more meat.

How many calories do you think you are taking in over the day? You should probably try to get at least 2200-2300 and at least 130 grams of protein.

that was just a sample of what i'm eating, i had 8 ounces of steak with a salad for dinner tonight.
cool.gif
, and i my main source of protein is the two protein shakes i eat, and the chicken and steak, and cashews. What are some other good foods i could intake? and how much of it?.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anyone got a good calculator to check how many calories i should intake?, also some good foods to eat to bulk?.</div>
In short, read these excellent articles which will answer your questions. Calculator included:

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/masseating_1.htm
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/masseating_2.htm

What food to eat:

Good Protein Sources : Lean cuts of beef, chicken brest, turkey, egg whites, pork,
milk, cottage cheese- try to get as much from whole food

Bad P sources: deli meats, soy , tofu, sausages n other processed rubbish

Good carbs: lentils, beans, wholewheat pasta, wholegrain bread, rice, and NOT TO FORGET FRUIT &amp; VEGGIES etc.
Bad carbs: potatoes, french fries, biscuits, white bread, french bread

Good fat: fish oils, flaxseed oil, rapeseed oil, extra virgin olive oil, nuts, butter etc.
Bd fat: Sunflower oil, trans fat, hydrogenated fat, margarine

BEVERAGES: only water or green tea

Pork? Are you trying to kill him? Contrary to tv commercials, pork is NOT the &quot;other white meat&quot;.  Stay away from it!

Also, whole wheat bread isn't a good carb as its high on the gi index.  In fact, it isn't any better than white bread. Rice (accept basmati rice) is also fairly high but won't kill ya like processed bread or potatoes.  
laugh.gif

If you like potatoes stick to sweet potatoes, they're low on the GI index.

Wasn't trying to attack you or anything, just giving my input.

The GI index has been debunked, forget about it. You can focus on simple carbs around workouts and complex for the rest of the day and be good.
I thought potatoes were one of the good carbs. Good list though.

Milk. It does a body good.

OK I have heard that and I'm still researching, but I still say potatoes are not the best carbs in the world, not because some say that but because of experience. I had the worst sugar attack I've ever had in my life after eating a meal containing boiled potatoes. That's not to say I'm too scared to eat them anymore, but I eat them in small amounts and with other stuff.

I also agree...milk does a body good.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 25 2008,6:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I thought potatoes were one of the good carbs.</div>
It ain't the potatoes that are the problem. It's the butter, bacon bits, and sour cream that I tend to apply with a trowel...!!
tounge.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Apr. 26 2008,11:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 25 2008,6:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I thought potatoes were one of the good carbs.</div>
It ain't the potatoes that are the problem. It's the butter, bacon bits, and sour cream that I tend to apply with a trowel...!!  
tounge.gif
</div>
Now I want a baked potato. Thanks a lot!

What's wrong with pork? Too much to go into here.  My beliefs are biblically based first, and scientifically based second.  

Since its probably inappropriate to go into the biblically based reasons here, I'll give you some &quot;real world&quot; scientific proof.

A pig doesn't pee out its toxins as we do or as a clean animal would.  It doesn't sweat it out either.  It stores the toxins in its fatty tissue.  Do you know what a pig will eat? ANYTHING.  Its a scavenger.  And like all other scavengers, its job it to clean up the earth and retain the poisons that it eats.  

And the intramuscular, polluted fat is just everywhere.  

You may think you need that, but I don't think I need it.  

Do you know why a pork chop is still sticky to the touch no matter how long or hot you cook it? That's puss in the meat sticking to your finger.  They even have hundreds of puss glands JUST in each foot alone.  

A pig farm cannot be but within so many miles of a residential area because it is considered an environmental hazard.  Their manure (on a farm) also cannot be left to sink into the environment or it will cause pollution. Now if only a small ratio of toxins is going out through waste imagine how much you're actually eating.

It is federal law NOT to use the same butcher equipment on pork that you would on anything else.  You figure out the reason.

These are just a few small examples, as there are many more.

There are obviously better alternatives for the little bit of sat fat we need.  If milk, eggs, and lean beef aren't enough something's wrong with ya.  
laugh.gif

That's all well and good except in most developed countries, there are standards about what can be fed to pigs. It's not like they just feed them whatever.

Thats like a weird setup to support the old biblical view of pork avoidance, but avoiding to mention the true reason.

Pork was a common source of Trichinella spiralis, which aint much issue anymore, especially if people actually cook their food...

Most farmed pigs are fed grains, not garbage.

Polluted fat,
rock.gif

Have people actually seen live pigs? or the farms they live on?

Yes, my grands all raised them. Despite the grain feeding and &quot;slop&quot; from the kitchen, they would walk behind one another and re-eat their own **** along with the feed.
Long Run is correct; these are the nastiest animals on earth, but I didn't know about the toxin retention. Obviously it's not killing people outright, but I've noticed that we only use one symbol to represent fat and filth: the pig.
Kinda makes me wonder...but there are lean cuts on a pig, like ham steaks and well, there aren't many others, but you can cut off fat at the very least.
As for the biblical restriction, it was rescinded along with the other foods in Galatians I believe, as a word to Peter. I'd have to look it up.

<div>
(The Long Run @ Apr. 26 2008,8:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">What's wrong with pork? Too much to go into here. My beliefs are biblically based first, and scientifically based second.

Since its probably inappropriate to go into the biblically based reasons here, I'll give you some &quot;real world&quot; scientific proof.

A pig doesn't pee out its toxins as we do or as a clean animal would. It doesn't sweat it out either. It stores the toxins in its fatty tissue. Do you know what a pig will eat? ANYTHING. Its a scavenger. And like all other scavengers, its job it to clean up the earth and retain the poisons that it eats.

And the intramuscular, polluted fat is just everywhere.

You may think you need that, but I don't think I need it.

Do you know why a pork chop is still sticky to the touch no matter how long or hot you cook it? That's puss in the meat sticking to your finger. They even have hundreds of puss glands JUST in each foot alone.

A pig farm cannot be but within so many miles of a residential area because it is considered an environmental hazard. Their manure (on a farm) also cannot be left to sink into the environment or it will cause pollution. Now if only a small ratio of toxins is going out through waste imagine how much you're actually eating.

It is federal law NOT to use the same butcher equipment on pork that you would on anything else. You figure out the reason.

These are just a few small examples, as there are many more.

There are obviously better alternatives for the little bit of sat fat we need. If milk, eggs, and lean beef aren't enough something's wrong with ya.
laugh.gif
</div>
hows that saying go?...what doesnt kill me makes me stronger.not sure if i prescribe to this myself.

well to be honest i think pigs get bad press.and as far as toxins go, our bodies do filter them out so i dont see a problem.

besides the bible knows nothing about nutrition.although id love to know how noah managed to gather up and fit close to a million different species x2 for unclean animals and x7 for clean animals, so lets call it a conservative 10million on one boat,not to mention the insanitary conditions.and animal control issues.

id much sooner believe a nutritionist.

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 27 2008,7:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">As for the biblical restriction, it was rescinded along with the other foods in Galatians I believe, as a word to Peter. I'd have to look it up.</div>
Acts, I think, chapter 10 or so...

The &quot;abominable&quot; things in Peter's vision was symbolic. If it were literal I'm sure God would have done it in a literal way. Peter never ate that stuff, even in the dream. Later he figured out what the dream was really about, and it wasn't about food. It was about preaching to the gentiles, which Peter looked down on in a big way.

Even after this Peter refused to eat at the same table with gentile Christians and it caused friction between him and Paul until finally Paul got up and made a speech about not being offended at each other because of these things but to live side by side in harmony.

Sorry I don't have the verses and chapters right now but if you want I can certainly produce them.

As far as the bible &quot;knowing nothing of nutrition&quot;, I don't know what would make you say that.

Do you agree we aren't to eat GMO foods? God said not to grow different crops side by side because they would mix and it woudn't be a good thing.

Do you cut your fat from your meat? God said to cut away the fat and not to eat it, but to burn it on the altar. In other words He said, &quot;Don't eat the fat, the fat belongs to ME!&quot;

Do you drain meat of the blood before you eat it? Noah was told to do that by God.

Do you eat the organs of the animal or throw them away? God said to do away with them and don't eat them.

Speaking of Noah and animals, don't assume that I believe like many others that he took every animal in the world on that ark. The flood obviously wasn't worldwide, but encompassed that area.

I could go on and on but I won't.

Suffice it to say that real world science and the bible go hand in hand, if you know how to use common sense and see things for the way they are, instead of what a bunch of silly modern self appointed men try to tell you.
laugh.gif

Back