caffeine & L-Tyrosine (no ephedrine)

• Thread starter imported_dreadrok
  • Start date
I

imported_dreadrok

according to the FAQ about diet and nutrion posted by blade

it says :

"An hour or two before cardio, take 200 mg caffeine with 1-3 grams of L-tyrosine (NO ephedrine)"

So is this a substitute for an EC stack? If so should the dosage be the same as an EC stack eg. 200mg caffeine and 1-3 grams L-tyrosine 3 times a day? If so i assume thats every day for the entire cutting cycle including off days?

If anyone can help me out that would be awesome.
Thanks

Dread

follow up question would be why would it recommend l-tyrosine instead of ephedrine for getting rid of fat?

L-Tyrosine is used in the synthesis of adrenaline/noradrenaline(or epinephrine/norepinefrine, depends on which side of the atlantic lake you`re on). It`s also important for thyroid hormone synthesis. Animal models show that injecting tyrosine IN ADDITION to ephedrine potentiates the thermogenic effects of ephedrine. Anecdotally, adding it seems to give a better stimulatory effect.

I`m not using ephedrine, but I`m using coffeine prior to either cardio or training, combined with three grams of tyrosine, and it seems to maintain the stimulatory effects that coffeine has for a bit longer. The last week I was out of tyrosine, so I have a basis of comparison. Anyhow, the difference is not that huge between C+T or C only.

thanks morgoth. I just picked up some caffeine and some Tyrosine since there is no where around here that sells ephedrine. I was hoping to get a very similar effect with the C+T as people do with the E+C.
should i still take C+T 3 times a day?

I`m afraid I can`t really help you on that one...I take it only twice:before morning cardio and before working-out. I`m using it mostly for the kick in the ass, not for the thermogenic effect
biggrin.gif
But I`m sure someone who has more experience with the combo for fatloss will provide more pertinent feedback with regard to it.

thanks again morgoth... you are turning out to be my suppliment answer man =D

but ya i really want to know this combos thermogenic effect

I`d like to underline what Aaron said above:C+T is by no means even nearly equivalent to E+C. It is a better combination than about 90% of the shitty fatburners on the market though, and fairly cheap to boot.

the thing in the FAQ was lyles comments regarding his Stubborn Fat Protocol

and he explains why he chose it that way in the FAQ.

Hes looking for a moderate, not large, rise in the catecholamines

basically hes saying ephedrine will jack it up too much

he was not recommending it as a replacement for EC Throughout the day.

ahhhh i see... thanks aaron. I must have misunderstood it.

Back