caffeine

• Thread starter imported_da1andonlychacha
  • Start date
I

imported_da1andonlychacha

so, um, anyone using caffeine before workouts. The reason I'm asking is, well, *story*

I'm a youth pastor, and tonight I was on a little road trip with some teens in my youth group, and they wanted to stop and get some energy drinks. Now, I'm not so much an energy drink guy (too expensive) but i thought, sure why not. So we grabbed some No Fears and ... that was about 2 hours ago. Right now I'm totally jacked and feel like doing 74 sets of clean and jerks or something just to shed this excess energy.

So, anybody have any thoughts on caffeine-enhanced training?

I don't take caffeine before workouts, but I drink coffee and tea throughout the day. I think caffeine could be a great help though, especially when you are cutting and don't have as much energy for your workouts.
Anyway, if you got that much out of caffeine, you should try ephedra. Or maybe you shouldn't...

use high glycemic sugars instead of coffee when you workout. sugar (glycogen particularly) is what you are using when you workout. using HG sugars will insure you have energy for your workouts and the insulin will protect muscle cells from degrading too much (read the book nutrient timing - wonderful book). why supplement with a CNS stimulant when alls you need is some gatorade. Try to stay away from drugs (caffeine is a drug) and rely on the macronutrients (fat, carb, protein)

because glucose will not provide a stimulatory effect, and glycogen is seldom a limiting factor to resistance training.

Now some glucose + 1-3g tyrosine and 1-200mg caffeine and its fun.

When I train in the morning I like to have Muscle Milk Mocha Joe(which I beleive is the only flavor that contains Caffeine) protein shakes. Wakes me up and gives me energy for the gym.

Joe G

Back