calf raises

• Thread starter imported_dans4173
  • Start date
I

imported_dans4173

I am maxed out when it comes to calf raises. i dont have a smith or calf machine, so i power clean a tricep bar over my head (the shorter bar puts more stress on my calves) to do this exercise.

Are there any ways I can add more weight to my calf raises since i have reached my power clean limit.

i think that makes sense
tounge.gif

Why don't you try doing 1 & 1/2 calf raises. Go up, go back down half way, go back up, go all the way down. That is one rep. You could also try calf raises on one leg at a time.

I'm with Colby. Hold a darn great db in one hand, stand on a stair and do one-legged claf raises. You can do negs this way too using the other leg to assist with the concentrics. Just keep swapping legs until you get your desired rep count.

<div>
(dans4173 @ Nov. 07 2006,20:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am maxed out when it comes to calf raises. i dont have a smith or calf machine, so i power clean a tricep bar over my head (the shorter bar puts more stress on my calves) to do this exercise.

Are there any ways I can add more weight to my calf raises since i have reached my power clean limit.

i think that makes sense
tounge.gif
</div>
How much can you deadlift ?

Do calf raises with the bar on your shoulders like when squatting.

Or

Do them seated with plates or dumbells on your knees - one at a time, or both.

Heavy deadlifts make my calves grow, and you should probably be able to deadlift significantly more than you can use in calf raises...

I agree about deads. They are fine and may be enough for some but if you are rather challenged of lower leg and want to add a stretch point movement then do some kind of calf raise. Donkeys are fantastic but the only way to carry a lot of loading without a squat rack/smith m/c or a leg-press is to use your bodyweight on one leg at a time and then add weight with a db as necessary.

Back