Cardio and Leg Training

MrNasty

I run cardio almost 5x a week. I also just strated working legs out 2x a week. Cardio AM - Training PM. I assume this is to much work for the legs. Should I cut cardio on leg days?

Come on guys ... Help a brother out. :D I'm only looking for your advice & suggestions (as in, what would you do?). It aint hard and only takes a second.

POST!!!!!

Depends on the cardio.

Some cardio is leg-taxing like cycling or elliptical machines.

Running or swimming on the other hand distributes the muscular work so is less likely to tire anything.

I'd say keep the running, cardio is good fo ryou

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Calkid @ Mar. 09 2005,3:14)]Depends on the cardio.
Some cardio is leg-taxing like cycling or elliptical machines.
Running or swimming on the other hand distributes the muscular work so is less likely to tire anything.
I'd say keep the running, cardio is good fo ryou
I do 10min cycling, 20min treadmill (jog/brisk uphill walk), and 10min stair stepper. Of the three I find stairs to be most taxing.

I really dont care to stop now, its not effecting my WO as of yet, but I also dont want to wear my legs out either. I suppose I'll gauge myself and go from there. Thanks Ckid...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrNasty @ Mar. 08 2005,12:38)]I run cardio almost 5x a week. I also just strated working legs out 2x a week. Cardio AM - Training PM. I assume this is to much work for the legs. Should I cut cardio on leg days?
Is it possible to switch the lifting to the mornings and cardio for PM for those days you do both? Although cardio isn't nearly as taxing on the muscles, especially when spaced far enough apart...

I personally prefer training legs before doing cardio on them (warm up not inc.). Just too draining to have done cardio and then force the weights out, works best for me the other way around.

Back