Cottage Cheese

• Thread starter imported_diznik
  • Start date
I

imported_diznik

lowfat cottage cheese seems like a great protein source, the label reads 13g of prot. per serving, and only 90cal. Thats freaking amazing especially for a pre-bed snack. Problem is it makes me gag and after I eat it i feel like puking.

I'm not lactose intolerant cause I drink plenty of milk(5 cups a day or so) and have never had a problem, I'm just disgusted by the taste. I've never been able to get through more than 1/2 a cup in one sitting.

So does anyone have any good cottage cheese recipes, or should I give it up and try something else? Thanks

oddly enough, i am having the same problem. Easiest way to get recipes would be to type it into a search engine. I found one that i can tolerate...and is relatively simple.
-1/4c lowfat cottage cheese
-1/4c skim milk
-pinch (1/2 teaspoon, full teaspoon, just experiment) of Sugar free, Fat free Instant Pudding. whatever flavor suits your pleasure, i use chocolate myself. Blend it up, let stand for a couple of minutes, and it should be semi-thick but still able to drink w/o a straw or spoon.
I'm thinking about adding Driver to it maybe 1/2 scoop, because driver tastes great and is "slow protein"
You can also add natural PB to it, which will add fat yes, but thats ok it will also slow digestion, plus you dont need much to give it the PB flavor. good luck and if you find some good ones, be sure to post them :)
I'm out...

Try adding a scoop of vanilla protein for taste.

You can also add fruits and berries.

To help out that "gag" feeling start by eating a couple bites
of "non-fat" cottage cheese. After eating that low-fat will taste
like pudding
laugh.gif

Depends on where you live, becuase my country adds a flavour to cottage cheese which would be repulsive in any recipe listed.
Home made cottage cheese is much nicer :)

I am confused...

I have 200g cottage every day and I must control myself bcause I would eat much more !!
This is by all means the best tasting clean meal I can quickly prepare (and almost what I eat every day):

Soup:30g oatmeal,220 ml water,100g cottage (3.9% fat),100g beans,tomato sauce,5g olive oil,black pepper,red pepper.
Steak:100g. homemade hamburger (3%fat)
Veggies:large bowl of veges,5g. olive oil,balsmic vinegar.
Apple.

I dont know why i posted the whole meal
wow.gif
but i did...

Want something easy ? I use 100g of low fat cottage cheese, and 150g of low fat yoghurt. Change the taste every now and then, but I'll stick to strawberry. With this ratio you won't even taste the cottage cheese unless you leave a big lump in there, but you can just add as much yoghurt as you wish.

This is the one good thing I got out of the BFL book ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lars @ Nov. 06 2003,4:11)]Want something easy ? I use 100g of low fat cottage cheese, and 150g of low fat yoghurt. Change the taste every now and then, but I'll stick to strawberry. With this ratio you won't even taste the cottage cheese unless you leave a big lump in there, but you can just add as much yoghurt as you wish.
This is the one good thing I got out of the BFL book ;)
i also hate cottage cheese and usually eat yoghurt before bed instead.

Just eat a can of Tuna...that's about 25g of protein and ALOT LESS disgusting than a can of Cottage cheese.

If there is one thing that even the thought of it can make me sick...cottage cheese is the winner :).

Are you guys trying to eat cottage cheese all by itself? I sure hope not. Mixing cottage cheese with other foods is completely different than it is plain, as it becomes mainly a texture rather than a taste.

Is there something compelling you to eat cottage cheese, esp. if you don't like it? There are plenty of protein & fat sources you could use instead.... :D

I did not like cottage cheese either, but it is too chock full of good stuff to pass up. One way I have it is with fruit. Another way is to put a bunch of fruit , cottage cheese and whatever else you want into a blender. After it gets blended you will not taste any cottage cheese. I sometimes add peanut butter and/or protein powder to the blender.
My favorite and easiest way to eat cottage cheese is, believe it or not, to add Salsa Sauce to it. If you like Salsa Sauce give it try.

best ways to eat cottage cheese: mixing it with protein powder and ice in blender, mixing with dry protein powder, couple packs of splenda and cinnamon, and mixing it with some sf jello.

It's strange, because most people here in Greece love cottage cheese, and even those who don't, by no means find it unpalatable. Since Boggy (who AFAIK lives in Italy) expresses the same bafflement, I'm wondering whether it is a completely different cottage cheese we have around the Mediterranean, or it can all be attributed to different gourmet cultures...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (micmic @ Nov. 09 2003,6:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's strange, because most people here in Greece love cottage cheese, and even those who don't, by no means find it unpalatable. Since Boggy (who AFAIK lives in Italy) expresses the same bafflement, I'm wondering whether it is a completely different cottage cheese we have around the Mediterranean, or it can all be attributed to different gourmet cultures...

Nah, it just goes to prove what the rest of us Europeans have been saying about you guys for the last couple of millennia
butbut.gif

Just kidding, by the way. You guys have some good looking chicks, so maybe I have to learn how to eat the stuff. Just don't give me that garlic creme fresch, thing...
crazy.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Nah, it just goes to prove what the rest of us Europeans have been saying about you guys for the last couple of millennia

I didn't know that 'the rest of you Europeans' existed a couple of millennia ago... I had the impression you evolved just recently :D

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You guys have some good looking chicks, so maybe I have to learn how to eat the stuff. Just don't give me that garlic creme fresch, thing...

That's strange too, because your -admittedly- good looking chicks seem to like this stuff... they could just be pretending, of course... :D

Just kidding of course (but I guess it's redundant to say so ;))

[b said:
Quote[/b] (micmic @ Nov. 09 2003,8:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That's strange too, because your -admittedly- good looking chicks seem to like this stuff... they could just be pretending, of course... :D

Hey...show me a traight guy who doesn't like good looking chicks who swallow gooey stuff voluntarily!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lars @ Nov. 09 2003,12:10)]Hey...show me a traight guy who doesn't like good looking chicks who swallow gooey stuff voluntarily!
All you have to do is say 'please'
tounge.gif

Actually, right now I'm leaning towards "All you have to say is 'when' and I'll clean out a room you can use when you come down here" ;)

I'll help you be a kamaki and pick up scandinavian chicks if you help me pick up local chicks. We'd be the dynamic duo!
worship.gif

Oh, I see you are rather literate about our customs and terminology! The room is ready ;)

I don't understand why you would prefer Greek women over yours, though. Of course, many of them are of exquisite beauty and obsessively seductive, but you have to see them in their socioeconomic context in order to realize the latent dangers :D Besides, they are much more complex than the average female. I can't handle that much complexity. It will be Scandinavia for me, please :D

Back