Creatine and Thirst

K

Key Of David

I bought some creatine and started taking it a few days ago (getting it in my system before my cycle starts) and just tonight I got a real sudden craving for FLUIDS.

I opened up a gallon jug of spring water and downed the quarter gallon that was left. I usually get at least 64 oz per day and that has suited me in the past, sometimes a little more during the summer.

But tonight I wasn't this thirsty in a very long time, and I had to drink that much right before I'm about to go to bed. Not a good idea but what could I do.
laugh.gif

Has anyone else gotten thirsty after taking creatine a few days?

Uh Oh, did none of us remember to mention that part?

Sorry for forgetting.

Creatine moves water into the muscle cells.  You have less on board for the rest of the body.  

You MUST drink more or you will get stomach cramps, dehydrate, and just feel really bad.

Each individual is different but I need 1.5-2 gallons/day while on 10g of creatine.

The good news is - you are a creatine responder. It's working like it should. Just be sure you drink enough water and you'll be a beast in no time.

Excellent news!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Don't worry, if it has to do with my gaining muscle and my health I'll just take an extra gallon around with me (if need be).
smile.gif

Thanks for the info.
biggrin.gif

Well its the end of the day and I've officially drank a gallon of water and it sure didn't go out as pee.
laugh.gif

This is some awesome stuff!
cool.gif

I also started my cycle this week so this should be very interesting.

I think I soaked up all I'm going to soak up since I started peeing a lot lately. I drank a gallon a day for 3 days straight before that happened.

Now I'm still kinda thirsty all the time but I still pee a lot so I figure my muscles are going through some kind of constant water exchange?

Whatever it is, the creatine definately caused it.

Also, I'm now going into my 2nd week of 15s and I'm nowhere near getting worked at all. It wasn't like that in my last cycles. I've actually had to do 2 sets of 15s to feel anything at all, even on the squats. I take this as a VERY good sign, but one that I might have to increase weight more than expected during the 5 rep ranges? Who knows...but if that happens I will not complain!!
cool.gif

Yep, the muscle cells full of water are stronger. Sorry, you'll probably have to adjust your weights up a little. The side effect of lifting heavier is going to be more growth. Then you'll have to buy new clothes. Then you'll be all mad at everyone who reccomended creatine.

Back