Cysteine Milk Peptides

quadancer

In researching sleep aids (in my typical 3:00am wakeups) I'd found that the top rated one was RestAid, and the key ingredient was the cysteine milk peptides.
http://www.restaid.com/index.html
I started searching about "Great Night's Sleep" which led to a huge host of herbal aids, most all of which have some drawbacks.

Wanting more info on the milk cysteines, unbiased, I checked a few sites and found this on pubmed:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites....VDocSum

It seems that there are some very interesting properties in this stuff that would help a lot for a BB'er, primarily the oxidative stress relief and glutathione release, which evidently helps with sleep, so the sleep aid is evidently valid. (I don't ever believe "testimonials")
But if this stuff does all the other stuff as claimed, it would be a boon as a supp for us iron benders. Especially any of you who drink or eat sugar. At least the rats seem to fare well on it.

Tunnelrat?!
laugh.gif

Are these peptides contained in cow's milk and/or whey protein powder?

The Golden Age bodybuilders drank TONS of milk, right!?!?!?

Back then, cows milk contained more CLA (from grass diets). Of course milk has whey and casein protein. The calcium blocks fat absorption. Plus all the stuff you posted ...

Milk is THE STUFF!!!

Well, as I understand it, it's not just milk; some special extraction or process makes it; a lot of articles about camel's milk for some reason, but I don't think our guys import that.
Incidentally, I found a 50% off offer for the restaid, so I'll be a guinea pig soon and let you know.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Dec. 21 2007,08:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Tunnelrat?!
laugh.gif
</div>
You rang...?

Yeah, I wake up at 3:00 a.m. I thought you were supposed to.

I might try this stuff, rather than resort to prescription meds. Right now, though, I find that multiple sets of deadslifts have been helping me to sleep through the night.
wink.gif

They came in: first night of sleep was awesome, gentle and full of dreams. Didn't even get up to peeee until 5:00. We'll see how it goes this week, but I'm not sure I want to take them every night...and build up a resistance to them.

I dunno, I've been using the Rest-Aid stuff for a month or so now. I am not particularly impressed. It's expensive and it doesn't work very well.

I'll take some 5-HTP (with a bit of Valerian root), a glass of warm milk, and some Rest-Aid capsules, then I toss and turn for a coupla hours before finally getting to sleep around 3:00 am.

This all makes for some expensive urine...

Agreed. Now I've used half the box, I find that it doesn't make you sleepy, but just helps with keeping you asleep a bit longer, maybe deeper - but not enough to justify the price. With 3 capsules, you will be groggy in the morning like the chemical sleepers.

Back