Dextrose and Creatine

Captain Crunch

I'm just wondering what the ratio of creatine to dextrose is for best transport to the muscle?

ie. If I am taking 5 grams of creatine daily how much dextrose should I take with it?

Thanks

Mike

There really is no specified ratio. Just make sure to take it with some carbs. I usually will mix a 30g whey, 30g dextrose, and 5g creatine shake pre-WO.

Same here. For preworkout, I mix up a shake with 1:1 ratio of whey and dextrose (or malto) and add in my creatine.

Richard Kreider, A Phd who has extensively looked and advocated creatine wrote in a review on Creatine use
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The absorption of creatine in the muscle is influenced by sodium and insulin. In this regard, sodium serves as a co-transporter of creatine into muscle tissue and muscle creatine uptake is enhanced when insulin levels are high. For this reason, it is recommended to ingest creatine with a glucose drink or fruit juice containing about 95 g of carbohydrate or a carbohydrate/protein drink (e.g., 50-80 grams of carbohydrate with 30 to 50 grams of protein).
Now to me it seems pretty high up there and IMHO I wouldn't use that much but ya never know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ Aug. 05 2005,3:31)]Now to me it seems pretty high up there and  IMHO I wouldn't use that much but ya never know.
A lot of the original carb/creatine work was ~100g/serving.

Nowhere near optimal, as that work hasnt been done

and it makes no difference in the long run, as when the muscle is full, the muscle is full, trying to stuff it in faster just means it gets full faster.

Back