Eating more..

MicroBerto

Hey y'all! Here's a fun one to discuss,

After realizing that I was LOSING a bit of weight on 15s, I decided to up my calories even more. I hover around 3000 a day, sometimes more now. (6'0, 192lbs last night.. probably 12% bf)

However, to put it bluntly, now I'm pooping more. :) Everything is normal, it's just more frequent.

Does this mean that my body doesn't need those extra calories? Or is this normal, because there's just more stuff not being used, but more stuff being used as well?

I was wondering if there was a limit to what my body might want to take in terms of calories, and then it just trashes the rest.

Thanks! -bertoman

EAT MORE, POOP MORE! At least that is what momma told me.hahaha
A thread on poop! Micro, you have made a historic post here man.
laugh.gif

If you upped your fiber intake, then that may explain the increase in, umm, stools.

What you need to do is get one of your logs out of the toilet and take it to your doctor in a napkin and ask them to test it for you.
thumbs-up.gif

Haha, thanks for the reply BIZ! I'm just gonna keep eating more because it's fun (eating AND pooping), plus potty breaks at work are nice too! Maybe some extra nutrients I sneak in there will help me somewhere else.

Happy pooping, berto

3000 is a reasonable amount of food, especially if its all 'good' food, not junk. The resultant products of digestion have to go somewhere.
4-5000 produces ungodly amounts of toilet visits. Quite often after each meal 5-6 times per day.....

Yes, it's normal. More food, more fiber, more poo.

Bring stuff to read.

The percentage of calories absorbed doesn't change as intake goes up. So, you absorb 90% of a 2k calorie diet and you will absorb 90% of a 3k calorie diet.

How come i upped my cals a month ago from 1500-3000 to start hst and i havn't been taking anymore stools. i prolly only take a stool once every two days.
What does this mean ?

eek, that's no good, thedon. are you getting enough fiber and drinking enough water? i've been there before, believe me. (also sometimes too much fiber will constipate you as well. it's a balance)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How come i upped my cals a month ago from 1500-3000 to start hst and i havn't been taking anymore stools. i prolly only take a stool once every two days.
What does this mean ?
That is scary. Are you constipated and does it hurt when you finally do get to crap? Do you get any cramping or sharp pains in your belly during the day?
If you upped protein quite a bit, then you will probably experience some constipation and not be near as regular. You may need to add a bit of metamusil to your protein shakes and drink more water, even warm water.

Did you do it by doubling your volume of regular food, or did you do it all with no-fiber shakes?

Makes a big difference.

i'm not constipated at all when i need go i just go with no troubles.
Actually nah before i was having more protein shakes and milk then food since i was lazy so when i upped my cals i upped my whole food and shakes (pre post workout of course.)
i try to get in 4ltr of plain water a day.
I dunno about fiber almost all my carbs come from oatmeal i dunno what fiber is in oatmeal..

Oatmeal has a lot of very good fiber.

I wouldn't expect constipation at all when bulking -- I would expect larger stools, more regularly, and more frequently.

That's my experience.

Oh great...first we had a discussion on penis exercises, and now we're talking about crap... what an excellent forum this is
laugh.gif

They arn't larger at all they come out like small rocks lots of them not just a couple of large crap kinda like 15+ min ball shaped ones.
LOL

[b said:
Quote[/b] (thedon @ Feb. 02 2003,12:12)]They arn't larger at all they come out like small rocks lots of them not just a couple of large crap kinda like 15+ min ball shaped ones.
LOL
"small rocks"?
crazy.gif
maybe you have a tolerance for that, but to me that's at least borderline constipation. i've had a couple doctors tell me that a healthy stool should be relatively soft. i should know, cuz when it's not, my roids flare up
tounge.gif

seriously though, my brother used to be a no-vegetables kind of guy in high school, and he thought that a good $#!+ was like a lincoln log. then a doctor and a few friends/relatives told him otherwise (plus they probably scared him with that talk about colon cancer and stuff, hehe) and he started eating veggies all the time thereafter. no more logs ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blade @ Jan. 31 2003,3:54)]Oh great...first we had a discussion on penis exercises, and now we're talking about crap... what an excellent forum this is
laugh.gif
Hey, the forum title DOES say, "everything in-between. . ."
blush.gif

MMMM maybe i am ..
What do i need to do apart from veges i eat tomatos and lettace mainly.
Is there any fibre powder like protein powder ?
Can constipation affect gains ?

If you have a bowel obstruction, it generally messes up the training
crazy.gif

Eat all types of veges, carrots, beans, peas, lettuce, cabbage, broccolli.
Load up with greens, multiple coloured veges, some fruits. Eat only really whole grain breads, eat some beans.
Not only will these provide large amounts of fibre, but also a plethora of phytonutrients that no powder can ever provide.

Now you can get some metamucil, which provides some fibre, and is in general (IMO) a disgusting way to get fibre (I hate it)

Back