First log. Upper Body... deployed

Decided to skip 15's. 1.5min rest between sets need 2min for pullups/chinups... I felt weak during pullups and chinups and I was only doing 15lbs. 6 reps were tiring... Could bee that i was using a thin bar in the squat rack area... I normally use the diagnol L shaped pullup bars in the middle of the pulley rack(s).

for breakfast I had: scrambled eggs, bacon, plain oatmeal with raisins, some cantalope and pineapple.

I can't believe you're wasting your money on 'legal steroids'. Seriously, i can't find one good word said about stacklabs anywhere. If you're gonna do roids, that's your choice but you should either do it properly or not at all is my way of looking at it. Sorry for the negativity and good luck with your HST cycle. And why did you skip the 15s? Either do it properly or not at all lol.

I skipped 15's because i've read on these boards that its only needed if you feel injured. I didn't, so I did the 10's instead. And I've used stack labs stuff before(free) but i did it along with novedex xt(which got banned) not sure if it was only the novedex that worked, which is why im taking it again. And actual roids are illegal not worth getting kicked out.

day 2(yesterday i was busy after i worked out) it went well... some female in the gym commented on seeing improvements... i find that hard to believe since i only did 1 cycle...i think my shirt was just tighter lol or maybe body recomp? Not sure... day 3 is tomorrow.

you shouldnt skip the 15s if this is your first time doing HST and you are bulking. the 15s strengthen your ligaments and prepare you for the heavier weights down the track. I highly recommend you dont skipt them, you definitely feel the difference on your joints. you can also gain strength and weight on the 15s if you are eating properly. the other thing about the 15s is its an extra two weeks in the cycle. only skip them if you know your joints are strong enough, or if you are doing a cut.

'skip them unless you are injured' is incorrect and dangerous. if you are injured you probably shouldnt be doing weights at all!

Girl i was interested in also decided to start talking to Jodi, so i'll use working out to get my mind off of that :D. Oh yeah... i'm an 11B20 in the US Army, meaning regular ole "leg" rifleman and currently deployed to Afghanistan, RC East.
Any girl who prefers Jodi over a straight leg infantry soldier isn't worth your time anyhow.

Legs rule. Keep your head down and your gear in order. You only get to play in the sand box just so many times, so be sure to enjoy yourself. I did Viet Nam with the 1st Cav (airmobile), and my Number Two son did a couple of tours in Iraq with the 3ID. You might not think so now, but you'll miss it when it's over.

Don't skip the 15s...

Thanks for the support. I'll do the 15's next cycle. Todays lift went well. I stopped the weighted pullups/chinups... the beginning of the 10's I could only do like 7... so i decided to do a total of 30 reps. Ex: 7, 7, 6, 5,5. Gonna keep the weights for the 5's. But yeah this is my 2nd deployment with the 25th Infantry Division.

Got sent to a new base... Gyms ****ing down for atleast 5 days.

Last edited:
so the gyms open.... they only have flat benches so I can't do incline... umm i guess i can do dumbell flies or dips... they have an assisted pullup machine. i'll use the lat pull down to do weighted crunches... how should i go about finding the weight to use for assisted pullups, flies, and dips. I plan on the 15's being assisted. 10's being body weight, and 5's being weighted. i dont feel like taking 2weeks off to decondition... training will resume monday!!! today is wednesday

Hit the gym this morning... pullups were weird... felt akward in the asistant machine... pullups still felt weak... had a protein shake before and after then went to chow. ate plain oatmeal with raisins, 3 eggs with chesse, and bacon. Took a to go plate with scrambled eggs(they have a ridiculously small serving size here) and 3 turkey sausage links and a hashbrown... showered, had a casein shake and slept. woke up around 12pm(got off at 4am) ate the togo plate, had isopure shake.... I cant wait to finish this cycle... i feel sooooo weak in the beginning.

2nd week of 10's started... didn't feel strong. I've decided to eat carbs everyday again lol. I'll just moderate it.... Hopefully this works. I did the 6x4 for pullups and my own routine for the chinups. Also there are no 2.5lbs here so some of my weights are repeated and earlier I had to skip some weights by like 10lbs... scale here is also Broken...

Did my 5th day of 10's... benching ****ing SUCKED. I did pullups 6x2 like the program in the lat link states. Then I did chinups. I believe it was 4 sets of 6 reps then went on the bench. Everything else is alright... not having 2.5lbs weights ****s me over on some lifts too

I barely got my 10th rep.... i've decided to up the carbs a little more.... I figure i'll keep eating carbs til january then carb cycle since i'll be going home a couple months after that.

That also happens to me on workout days when I eat a lot of post workout creatine and carbs. I’ve actually had problems getting my arms out of my ABU sleeves on those days. I’m surprised how long the pump lasts.

It most definently isn't the carbs. I've accepted that I've gotten weak. I could only lift my 10rm 7X... i think it was all the gym time I missed due to training and schools.... and that month at ntc. lol

what should i do now?

Today was horrible... i did my 5 reps for bench... first set seemed as if it was my 5rm... 2nd set seemed as if I could do 1 more(easier than the first set). 3rd set seemed closer to failure than 1st set.
Everything else went fine :)

Not sure what to do at the end of this cycle since i wont be able to increase my bench.... made a topic regarding that

Why is it only my bench that has went down?

Back