gamma-o?

jimjones

has anyone tried it or read about it? I have been trying to find info about it, but can't find anything worth-while.

Thanks.

gamma oryzanol was one of those "here today, gone tomorrow" supplements in the early 1990s. I think Gamma-O is supposed to have a different extraction process or something, but I'm pretty skeptical.

Gamma-O can cause some favorable lipid changes within the body, i.e. lowers LDL cholesterol and raises HDL cholesterol as indicated in some studies on the compound. Unfortunately, it's use as an anabolic agent is probably unwarranted being no studies can be found showing it's effectiveness at raising testosterone, althought the manufacturer says there are. Here is an interesting excerpt from a few studies that do exist: "Total plasma testosterone levels were not significantly altered by the supplements relative to the untreated control". "No differences between groups were observed for measures of circulating concentrations of hormones (testosterone, cortisol, estradiol, growth hormone, insulin...". and "Intravenous or subcutaneous injections of gamma-oryzanol in rats have been shown to suppress luteinizing hormone release, reduce growth hormone synthesis and release, and increase release of the catecholamines, dopamine and norepinephrine, in the brain. Although it hasn't been directly measured, this metabolic milieu, if accurate, may actually reduce testosterone production."

These are quotes from experimental studies looking at the effects of Gamma Oryzanol. Hope that helps.

Back