Gomad

HST does not have specific dietary requirements. If you want to put on weight you eat surplus, if you want to lose weight eat below maintenance. How to eat (partitition, timing, supplementation) is beyond the scope of HST. That said, the gallon of milk thing is good in my opinion. If you can (are not lactose intollerant for example) milk is a great source of protein, carbs, calcium and is cheap(ish) and practical. You can use skim milk if you don't want too many extra cals. The recommended carbs after training are slow digesting high-nutritious carbs. They will be slowly digested throughout the day providing a steady stream of carbs in the blood along with important nutrients and fibers. So yes, follow those recommendations but remember to calculate the number of calories to certify yourself you are at your target cals for your goals, either gaining or cutting.

Try this if you're brave...drink 8 oz of whole milk every waking hour of the day, 16 times, for a gallon total. Every time you drink a glass of milk, also drink a glass of water and take a desiccated liver pill. Go with Beverly Ultra 40.

Mark Rippetoe's book "Starting Strength" talks all about GOMAD, and you can find lots of info on his website discussion forum. For more on desiccated liver, check out Trance's review on Dave Draper's website.

Post your results in a log--I think it'll make you grow quickly, and the liver will do lots of good things for you to include giving you a strong energy boost and some extra full-profile amino acids.

Last edited:
i drink around half a gallon of milk a day ( 2 litres), 500 mls with x 4 with protein shakes. great way to get your calories up, i couldn't bulk without it.

Back