Head about to explode! Could use some help.

MuscleQuest

I've been sick for half a year so I've fallen off the gym bandwagon. This is my first post and I'm quite confused on some of the things presented on the website. There are a TON of scientific words that I'm just not familiar with, so bear with me please!

Week 1:
Squats - 2x15
Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 1x15
Incline Bench - 2x15
Dips - 2x15
Chin ups - 2x15
Rows- 1x15
Bicep curls - 2x15
Tri extensions - 2x15
Calf Raises - 2x15
Military Press - 2x15
Lateral Raise - 2x15

I think I'm going to split my lower and upper body workouts into alternating days. Once I get addicted to going to the gym again I don't think I can manage a day off.

I have not yet figured out my maxes for each rep, however. I'm very confused on that part. I think I can only manage 30lbs if I'm doing 15 reps of bicep curls. So for my 15 week cycle, would I really have to start at 5 lbs and work up to 30 for the final sets? 5 lbs just doesn't sound too productive to me.

Also, when I work down to 5 reps for each set in my 5th and 6th weeks, I keep the set amount the same, as well? I know the site says that I will be working a bit below my max efficacy at some points, but sometimes it seems i'll be working with weights that are too easy.

Thanks for your help!

If 30 lbs is your 15 rep max you just use it to determine weights for the two weeks of 15s, not all 6 weeks. The third and fourth week is based on your 10 rep max, the fifth and sixth on your 5 rep max. For your 15s it is perfectly acceptable to use 20 lbs for 2 workouts, 25 lbs for the next two, then 30 for your final two. Problem solved! :)

Back