Help With Legs

robthebeast

my legs are lagging. Badly. I refuse to wear shorts to th gym even tho its obvious with long pants how little my legs are. I used to have a decent squat and leg size but when i went on a lengthy cut last year i lost all my strength and size in my legs. Im barely squatting 260 for 10 reps. Should i just stick with squatting the way its setup with hst is that enough or should i add anything besides the squat?

If it is obvious that squats alone are not working, you need to add more variety. You quads may be limited by the antagonist muscles. Add in various forms of deadlifts.

I find squatting then leg pressing to have good results. Squats are obviously a great lift, then leg press lets you add a bit more volume to the quads without having to worry about all the little muscles and systems that get fatigued from squatting.

If you just love squatting I have found pause squats to be superior for getting the quads activated since it removes the bounce out of the hole. As long as you think knees forward rather than hips up, you should get some solid quad activation.

Last edited:
If it was me;

1) Calorie surplus - without this its going to be near impossible to gain extra size
2) Frequency - Hit them legs 3x per week
Break it down into a Heavy, Light Medium (DUP) approach, for example
Mon - Heavy Day - 3-4 sets of 3-5 reps at 85-90%
Wed - Light Day - 3-4 sets of 5-7 reps at 70-80%
Fri - Medium Day 3-4 sets of 2-3 reps at 80-85%

Try and add a little weight each week

If you squat low bar I would also think about switching to high bar as I feel that is superior to to low bar for building leg size. Add in some Bulgarian Split squats and some leg presses and I think you would start seeing increases in size and strength in no time.

my legs are lagging. Badly. I refuse to wear shorts to th gym even tho its obvious with long pants how little my legs are. I used to have a decent squat and leg size but when i went on a lengthy cut last year i lost all my strength and size in my legs. Im barely squatting 260 for 10 reps. Should i just stick with squatting the way its setup with hst is that enough or should i add anything besides the squat?
Mate that's a hell of a better squat than me haha!

Yep, what these guys said, but more than anything: consistency! Stick to 3x week frequency and adding weight where you can (or HST-style progression), honestly think either will work well.

Back