Homeopathic DHEA and hGH

Ruhl

Can you tell me if homeopathic DHEA and hGH contain the said substances in large enough quantities to place stress on the liver if taken orally? Also, if homeopathic DHEA were to actually build muscle, would it also cause gyno?

Dhea has some benefit for us older lifters, who don't produce very much of it anymore and tend to deplete it with exersize. Not a noticable benefit though, regardless.

If the stuff is genuinely homoeopathic it will a) be as safe, or almost as safe, as taking sugar pills and b) be no more effective than taking sugar pills. Homoeopathic remedies are diluted so much that it's extremely unlikely that would be even a single molecule of the HGH or DHEA left in the homoeopathic pills (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy for a better explanation than I could give). Basically, if the pills are genuinely homoeopathic, you're taking sugar pills and that's it: they'll contain none or almost none of the original substance, so won't have any effects or side effect.

However, lots of remedies which are sold as homoeopathic aren't really homoeopathic. Sometimes it's used to mean 'herbal' remedies, or slightly diluted remedies, or remedies made using unconventional/traditional/sloppy techniques. This means that, if you take homoeopathic HGH or DHEA, at best you're taking (expensive?) sugar pills, at worst you could be swallowing most anything - so this could actually be running more risks than using 'proper' drugs.

btw, doesn't HGH have to be injected to be effective, anyway (not in any sense speaking from experience - needles, ugh - but that's what I'd heard...)

Back