How do you use dumbbells for dips?

truth

It says use dumbbells if shoulders bother you for dips...

Ok..use dumbbells for what??

And crunch with weight...so just hold some weight on your chest when doing crunches?

Well, you first have to stand on your head....... :D

I don't think there's anyway to do dips with dumbells. Where did you read this? Maybe they meant something else. I know some people use dumbbells when doing dips to add extra weight and they will squeeze the DB between their ankles or knees but to actually do a dip I can't think of how. Maybe if you had some really, really big plates you could get yourself far enough off the floor to do some dips. :D These are the plates that Biz likes to bench press. They are 5 feet in diameter!!!
laugh.gif

For the crunches, yes you can just hold some weight on your chest or even better behind your head to make it harder.

Good luck!

Mike

It means if BENCHING bother's your shoulders then use dips and if need be, as CC said above, use DB between your legs with dips to get the needed weight. I prefer a Dip Belt though.

Ditto on the dip belt. Most people will easily work up to weights that are far too heavy for a dumbbell between the ankles to be practical. A good, solid dip belt is a must.

If you order one, make sure you get a long enough chain on it that you can load it with 45's without them hitting you in the nuts.

right now i use a crappy of weight belt and i've used a long cord to fasten a bucket to hang from my waist ... hahahaha... on the dips the weight gets reallll heavy... i'm going to have to start using my hip belt!

Back