How soon did you begin seeing gains?

• Thread starter imported_gripstrength
  • Start date
I

imported_gripstrength

Hey y'all, I've been training for 18 years but am brand-new to HST. I just finished my first cycle of 15s and did my first workout of 10s. I've done things pretty much by the book so far.

I don't know if I'm imagining it, but I think I'm already seeing some gains. Left bicep is 1/4-inch bigger, calves more defined, delts are coming up, and I feel dense and hard all over. It just seems so fast, especially now that I'm not always training to failure; it's hard to believe, and I'm not sure I do!

At what point did other folks begin to notice improvements during their first HST cycle?

i see gains as soon as i'm about to finish the 15s. i look "fuller". some say they see their best gains on their 10s. i agree. i just don't know what happens when i do the negatives (or extending the 5s). i haven't tried it yet. i bet i'll look a lot more fuller :D I must say HST is the fastest way to grow!

i'm going to measure my arms after this cycle and see how big they've grown :D

Il keep it short for a change.

1/How do you guys measure change???
If you look in the mirror, u can luk great one day and awful the nxt, dependn on ur mood.

2/Ive always been told a one pound gain a month is massive (especially 4 a bodybuilder of some years), does this change with HST? you guys that say uv noticed change in the first two weeks, any weight change??
Thanks

I've gained about ten pounds since starting, I'm almost through with the 5's right now - on my last week of them right now. I don't focus on the weight too much though, mostly the measurements. I'm not going to post all my measurements, but suffice to say that there is measurable growth in my chest, shoulders, both triceps and my left bicep.
I saw some quick gains at first during the 15s, which I'm guessing was water and stuff... but they never went away, and actually continued on through the 10s.
There hasn't been much difference yet with the 5s so far, but I've only just finished the first week of them, so we'll see. I'm really excited about the negatives.

OK, I'm not the only one seeing immediate gains, so I'm not imagining it! It's incredible.

For so many years I used max weights, every set to failure, sometimes with a buddy helping me squeeze out forced reps. Staleness and stalled progress were commonplace but I just kept grinding away. Something needed to change. I've been considering some kind of cycle for months now.

Hope it isn't too soon to say that HST seems perfect, because it does. I can't wait to see what happens as I progress through the lower-rep cycles.

Awesome changes, guys.

Ian, I measure progress with a tape and the mirror. As an ex-fatty, I have to admit some trepidation at the numbers on my scale going up. I'm going to have to break out of that way of thinking just as I had to change my training habits.

Back