I think dieting makes me overtrain

qazmlp

Hi. I push myself hard with HST with higher frequency and volume than most people. I have tried dieting during the week and carbing up on weekends to hopefully lose a bit of fat without too much muscle, much like is done in the UD2.0.

The combination of lots of training while dieting makes me really tired to the point where I could not train partway through the last HST cycle. I cut it short. Does this mean I'm overtraining? I don't have injuries but just got exhausted.

Also, do bodybuilders dieting to competition level bodyfat reduce training volume in order to accomodate the reduced calorie intake? Do they frequently end up overtrained by the time they step on stage?

It seems to me counterproductive to train less in order to be able to diet.

I think the way in which you are dieting is the cause for your tiredness and enhanced muscular response. Take a good, hard look at what you're eating relative to what you know your body needs when training. My guess is that you're not eating anywhere near enough protein, and that your reduced carb intake during the week is the primary cause for how you feel. Apologies that you didn't get a response until now!

Back