If you could choose....

Captain Crunch

So my dilemma is this: I am running short on time these days and want to know what you would do if you could only do 4-5 movements per workout not including legs. I am doing a two day split and currently using these movements.

Day 1
Flat Bench
Chins
Shoulder Press
Biceps
Triceps

Day 2
Incline Bench
Dips
Seated Row
Lateral Raises
Bi's
Tri's

I am just wondering if I should be dumping the flat bench and alternate days with incline bench and dips. Also thinking of dropping the bi's and tri's on one of the days or alternating bi's one day and tri's the other. Maybe I should be throwing in some pullups again as well as the chins which would give me some more arm work as well.

Let me know what you all think. I just need to get the best workout I can in a little less time this summer.

Thanks

why are you leaving out legs? your uppder body can develop faster if you throw in some squats and deads in there...

it does seem like a bit much to have incline bench, dips, and a isolation tricep exercise in one day. i am new to hst, but not new to lifting...i would guess it is best to get rid of the flat bench, as dips and incline bench will develop the pecs more anyhow.

id like to hear what some experienced hst guys have to say though...

The reason I am leaving legs out for the summer is that I do group rides with a cycling club a minimum of three days per week for 2-3 hours each ride at pace. I find that if I continue to do the squats and DL's during the summer I just don't have the energy in the legs to keep up on the rides. When cycling season is over I am the first one to put the squats and DL's back into the routine. I love them both and had huge gains this past winter.

Back