jogging and hst

faz

its two miles to work,i am thinking of running there and back as cardio..this would mean run to work have some porridge and whey..run home have whey shake and go to gym do hst come home and have another whey shake and then some food....does anyone think this is a bad idea or good.also do you think i have got it right with the nutrition....my cycle is a 3 day week one but i would be running 5 days..

thats good enough for me then
worship.gif
was doing cardio after workout but was worrying it would hamper muscle gains.

strike that just injured my calf muscle, so i am going to have to go back to cross trainer after my workout.

i have a thing called compartment syndrome..many years of running.. i thought i would be ok to start running back on the road again ,obviosly not.

Aha. My lower back gets sore if I run on the road; too much impact. I only 'run' on an inclined treadmill now.

well as soon as my calf goes back to normal thats what i will be doing ,i think my road running days are done..it would have been convenient to use that as cardio but i will just plod along with cardio after workout..cheers og
worship.gif

at the risk of sounding bogus I'll share a story with you. Back in College i ran alot, mornings/ evenings / nights/ b4 weight training/ after... no routine or program just get up and run when felt like (I was making 6 miles easily) then these really bad shin splints I used to get when I was younger started coming back and I had to keep laying off the running, and even bought more, and more expensive running shoes until I came upon this website:

http://www.runningbarefoot.org/

it's a little crazy but once I got into running barefooted I realized my form changed and I was running differently and the shin splints never ever came back :)

granted these days I don't run as often (just stick to Weights and Judo) I still advocate Barfoot running to ppl who have trouble with pestering injuries in their lower extremities. I'd bet God is a better engineer than Nike or Adidas.

However I don't advocate you running to work barefooted if you're a high level manager or aspiring to be one in a traditionally conservative business, or ppl are gonna right you off as crazy (as many have done me ) :confused:

perhaps Cycling maybe? buy a Bicycle

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rakki @ July 15 2005,1:33)]at the risk of sounding bogus I'll share a story with you. Back in College i ran alot, mornings/ evenings / nights/ b4 weight training/ after... no routine or program just get up and run when felt like (I was making 6 miles easily) then these really bad shin splints I used to get when I was younger started coming back and I had to keep laying off the running, and even bought more, and more expensive running shoes until I came upon this website:
http://www.runningbarefoot.org/
it's a little crazy but once I got into running barefooted I realized my form changed and I was running differently and the shin splints never ever came back  :)
granted these days I don't run as often (just stick to Weights and Judo) I still advocate Barfoot running to ppl who have trouble with pestering injuries in their lower extremities. I'd bet God is a better engineer than Nike or Adidas.
However I don't advocate you running to work barefooted if you're a high level manager or aspiring to be one in a traditionally conservative business, or ppl are gonna right you off as crazy (as many have done me ) :confused:
perhaps Cycling maybe? buy a Bicycle
i agree rakki if we were running on grass but on concrete it would be even harder in bare feet.my problem is when the calf muscle swells up with blood the facia covering it is not big enough,so i get a sharpe stabbing pain because the blood cant get through..im ok on a treadmill..i think thats because the floor moves under you rather than you pushing off with your calfs.

I hear yah, I guess a Bicycle would be the best bet
thumbs-up.gif

even though I ran regularly on concrete and asphalt, but then my soles are pretty tough and I got strong arches now

but I've seen ppl really blister up their soles from barefoot running on asphalt though
sad.gif

Hope your calves get better though, that kinda sux to not be able to run (esp if yuo're used to doing it)

It's best to run on grass or sand. Running on asphalt or any hard surface will cause more harm than good. This is what my highschool's track coach, who happens to be a very intelligent man, told me.

I believe it. Look at the military. They often run on grass or sand, to my knowledge.

I would never run barefoot these days. People throw their trash everywhere, and I'd want to avoid stepping on glass. A bicycle would be a good alternative. It's also more forgiving than running when joints are concerned.

However, that won't stop me from doing sprint intervals when it comes time to shed off the last bit of fat. Of course, they're so short-lived that I can't see them causing much harm. I think the biggest issue comes with distance running. All that wear and tear can't be good.

And a final note, if you're going to sprint, you'd best have a solid squat. You need to have a good degree of force absorption if you want to avoid hurting yourself.

I used to run the high school tracks in the off hours...so I could keep exact track of my distances/time...and did well on the cinder or rubberized tracks: I could see running barefoot on them.
I got bored and went to cross country running for the scenery...and man, those gals on those paths were SOME stuff ta look at, I tells ya...

Back