Kettlebells

the_dark_master

I've just rec'd 4, 12 & 20kg kettlebells (one off ea.) from the wife - sweet. They're XLR8/Alex, made in China. Smooth allround with a rubber base hex bolted on; to protect the floor.
Brother-in-law has a 40kg which is a tad on the awkward/heavy side and impractical for general warm-ups.
For an alternative cardio workout/circuit swinging a 12k'er around is serious fun.

www.newitts.com order online, pick-up yourself from just outside York.

Edit: Pic added. (Note handles are smooth not knurled)

Very nice KBs DM. I've never used them but they look like a lot of fun. I know that the Cross Fit folks are big on them. A couple of heavy KBs would be good for a farmer's walk.

Quad, I hope the KB you have bought your wife isn't as heavy as the ones DM now has or we won't believe that you bought it for her – and nor will she!
biggrin.gif

I was thinking of painting the 4kg'er with pink hammerite, but I didn't need to: they're like freakin magnets - eveyone who's tried them can't get enough. When KB's came back to the market a few years ago - I tried to replicate the movements with a DB after 'buying' into the buzz that they were over hyped, I mistakingly dissed and dissmissed them.

8eg, borrow or steal a 'pood' and give it a try - any self respecting iron lifter owes it to 'imself....
laugh.gif

I saw these Babies & just had to buy them - couple of hollow steel 'bells weighing in at 24kg each. Thanks Wolverson Fitness esp for the discount  
wink.gif

I'd bought 2x 32kg cast ones from tvdeals.tv for a ridiculous £60 all in (a man can never have too much iron) but still needed an intermediate step from the 16s...

Back