Lifewave

semajes

I put up a post about this last night and it seems to have disappeared (big brother is watching -- is this part of the patriot act?). I'll try again.

I heard about this thing called lifewave that Ronnie Coleman endorses. Its supposed to give you more energy. You wear these patches on specific parts of your body that coincide with energy pathways (meridians), blah, blah, blah. It sounded like it was related to acupuncture points and worked on the same principles. Sounds kind of "out there", but one never knows.

They claim that there were independent studies done on the product, but I have yet to find them. Anyone heard of it?

All right, I found where I posted this last night (under general training). I take back the big brother comment.
... gotta stop drinkin the nyquil. :D

Have you heard of it before? I'm mostly interested in finding these supposed studies. One was supposed to be a study on strength trained athletes.

Not much of a "study", is it?
sneaky2.gif

Ronnie Coleman 7x Mr. Olympia - "There's a reason why I use LifeWave. I'M GETTING PAID."

I just took a glance at that site and morbid curiousity caused me to actually explore it some. As a result, I now mourn the loss of those brain cells which have fallen to the overwhelming onslaught of stupidity which this site exudes. Oh wow, I don't even know where to start bashing this.

Let's start with "nanotechnology." "Manufactured products that are made from atoms." Thats amazing, everything is made of atoms. You figure with thier "nanotechnology," they would be too busy turning coal into diamonds.

This LifeWave technology supposedly consists of nano-antennas made of water, oxygen, amino acids, and organics. Since organics consist of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorous, and sulfur, and amino acids consist of these too; these nano-antennas are basically organics, right? These are applied to a polyester fabric, which also consists of organics. Then it is wrapped in a polymer shell, which is most likely made up of...(drum roll)...organics. So basically, this thing is a bunch of little organic antennas that are too small to see that are on organics, wrapped in organics.

So this thing is supposed to modulate the magnetic field around the body. They say that this is proven because there are electrical responses. Well, that pulsating electric signal is primarily from your heart. Ever wonder how an EKG works? It measures the potential difference between two points on your body. This difference is based upon the sum of all the charge vectors running between those two leads at any given time. So, the main pulsating signal is going to be caused by your heart. If you want to easily modulate that signal without LifeWave technology, just stand up. Any monitor hooked up to your body would be going crazy right now.

"# The patches have been constructed so as to "Frequency Modulate" (FM) the human magnetic field much in the same way that we transmit information over high frequency radio waves.
# This FM wave is now "transmitted" back to the body by resonant energy transfer (similar to having two people hold a rope with one person creating a wave motion; the wave will travel to the other person)
# Once the FM signal reaches the user, the signal comes in contact with the cells in our bodies; this is known as signal induction, and is the process by which various cellular responses occur.
# In this case, the patches are "encoded" with the signal "transport fat to the mitochondria and make ATP""
Ok. This is just retarded. I'm sure that wishful thinking would have more of a cellular effect. If you want electromagnetic waves affecting your body, reach out and touch someone with that cell phone of yours.

That video demonstration was really bad too. Funny how he was able to prove those energy gains by using his body as resistance. Just because you let a little girl overpower you, it doesen't mean that she is super strong.

The doctor who wrote the article in the studies section should give up his license. If he is educated enough to graduate med school, he should be able to smell the bs off this from a mile away. If he wanted to get into quack medicine, there are plenty of better methods that can be used to con people out of their money.

I'm tired now so I'll end it with this quote for your daily zen:
"LifeWave patches were designed to make people winners."

Back