Messed Up Deltoid?

Mojo77

I think I fooked up my right rear deltoid a little bit. When reaching up under your armpit towards the shoulder blade, that area right under feels pretty tender and sore. I believe that is the rear deltoid right? In between shoulder and arm, above the armpit. Makes my shoulder feel hurt too.

It happened during clean and press. Felt it already at the clean. I believe I used my arms too much during the pull in stead of keeping them straight and shrugging up yesterday.

Been practicing the movement again some today using a broomstick. Felt it a bit since the entire area is tender but doing them like that with better technique should keep me clear I hope.

What u guys think?

images

This is your rear deltoid, is this the area you are referring to?

I believe it is. As I come to think of it, this seems to be a muscle that is pretty fragile in my case. Moving the arm sideways like when supporting the arm when using a computermouse is also pretty tender feeling. Is this normal? Might have a triggerpoint somewhere there.

I would say it would be unusual to damage the rear deltoid (not impossible) as the primary muscles used in that area are the anterior (front) deltoid and the trapezius.

Computer overuse is what gets me there. I've been working on it myself but haven't uncovered the fix yet. When/if I do, I'll definitely share.

will keep you posted how this evolves too. I definately used wrong form during the clean, pulling with my arms moving my elbows outwards and thus engaging the deltoids instead of keeping my arms straight and shrugging the weight up.

I also found a triggerpoint in the right tricep as well while training this friday, so that combo don't help. Reminds me I really need to massage that one out.

I am resting my chest a bit and did a lot of suppinated back work and it is feeling much better.

Back