"moderate" bulking?

I

imported_flow

I am wondering if it is possible to gain muscle while minimizing fat gains by eating only slightly over caloric expenditure. In the "Eating for Size" article, the daily calorie recommendation for bulking is BW x 16. Say I consumed only BW x 14 calories: of course, gains would be slower. But if I extended the length of the bulking phase, how would this approach influence muscle/fat gains?

In a month or so, I'll start my first *serious* attempt at bulking, and I don't want to mess it up because of misinformation/lack of knowledge. Please help!

I think that extending the bulking phase would be fine, however just like cutting, where you have to re-adjust your calories. Not sure how the muscle gain to fat gain ratio would be, but I would think the slower and more careful you bulk, the better (ratio) but slower
sad.gif
the results
Keith

Thanks for your input, Keith. The reason I don't want to "stuff" myself is that before switching to HST, I've made the experience several times that overeating after the first month mostly lead to fat gains. Also, I've been training for some time already, so I can't realistically expect to gain more than a couple of pounds in a single bulking phase.

Back