My proud diet [20+ hours spent] Rate it! :)

Hey man, I read your post and joined specifically to reply.In my opinion the diet is well set up in lengains IF style. But I think there is no need for such drastic calory/carb cycling between WO and non-WO days. You already have the benefits of improved insulin sensitivity and leptin boosting from just following the 16/8 schedule, so I think cutting to 1400 cals is too much. I'd personally go with 2100/2300 or 2000/2400 kCal - the difference coming from pre/post workout carbs. My main point is to increase flexibility, take pressure off and relax and enjoy more. Another thought - I notice you don't eat any vegetables. I'd add that because it's the only certain way of getting micro-nutrients, it's good for pooping and keeps you full. Anyway I'm curious, are you really following the list to the letter? Is that practically possible? How are you progressing towards your goals?Cheers

Hello dedokole, nice of you to make an account in order to reply.
In my opinion the diet is well set up in lengains IF style.
Thanks man, but this is 3 months old, so there has been some changes towards the diet. Here is the new version: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqygXxvCP1mxdGozZHdVYWFEUGxDYmNhVUNSQlRFdGc&output=html
But I think there is no need for such drastic calory/carb cycling between WO and non-WO days. You already have the benefits of improved insulin sensitivity and leptin boosting from just following the 16/8 schedule, so I think cutting to 1400 cals is too much.
As you mentioned, I changed so there is only 500kcal diffrence, works a lot better, and it is a lot easier to consume and follow.
I'd personally go with 2100/2300 or 2000/2400 kCal - the difference coming from pre/post workout carbs.
I'm currently at 1811/2304, I see, but the diffrence here is not just carbs, its a cycle of fat intake as well, almost no fat work-days and lots of fat, but no carbs the non-workoutday. How would you alter this? I've read about If at leangains.com
I notice you don't eat any vegetables. I'd add that because it's the only certain way of getting micro-nutrients, it's good for pooping and keeps you full.
Hmm, I though broccoli was vegetable, hehe. I eat 500g of it every day atm. Also, broccoli got 90% of every vitamin, it is so awesome.
Anyway I'm curious, are you really following the list to the letter? Is that practically possible? How are you progressing towards your goals?
Good question, my friend, I have to confess. I follow this to the letter every weekday, but in the weekends, I am eating some bad stuff, hehe. But since the 2 last weeks, I've been following this to the letter (proud), and it looks like the progress is great anyways. The last 1,5 month I went down 0,5% bodyfat and 1kg bodyweigth, slow and stedy! If you are interested, there is some pictures / measurements / progress at my blog: http://pkfitnessblog-mp.blogspot.com/

Back