Need help: Got only 2 days for Working out

bosbik

hey guys

i need a bit of help...i only got saturdays and sundays free for a work out....can't do em on other days because of work.

Any suggections on a routine to follow?

THanks

I'd do a split routine, say upper/lower or push/pull, half on Sat and half on Sun.

I'd do a much volume as I could stand and do a progression something like this:

Week 1: ~90% 15RM
Week 2: 15RM
Week 3: ~90% 10RM
Week 4: 10RM
Week 5: ~90% 5RM
Week 6: 5RM
Week 7: >5RM
Week 8: >5RM
etc.

If you feel up to it, you can continue to increment the loads during the 5s.

Because you have a week between workouts don't allow any zig-zag and keep it heavy!
smile.gif

You could do a full body on Sat morn and another on Sun night but I think the best route is the split.

Just thought that if you have been alternating A & B full-body routines up to now you could do one each day. You might feel a bit stiff and sore for the Sunday w/o but it would still be OK to train.

The split might be superior if you are quite well conditioned to training – ie. you've been training for a few years – and need to get more volume in in the 'here and now' to cause a PS response, but both should work if you do a similar amount of volume with each.

I'd still do the split though.
smile.gif

just a thought...

can do my lower body with my bi's and tri's instead of doing them on the upper body days?

agree with lol on the push pull routine.all push,sat all pull,sun, stay nearer to maxes because you have 5 days between you could even use your maxes.

Get a t-shirt made with a barbell logo on it and the inscription beneath:
"I'm just here to kick my ass !!!"

Back