Need help setting up daily macros

alam906

I need some help setting up my daily macros, if that's how you call it. I want to know the preferred amount of protein/carb/fat that I should take along with the calories.
I current weigh 147lbs at 5'6".
I want to get to around 165-170, so when I cut I end up around 160.
I lift 3 times a week, and do a very light cardio as warm up 3 times a day for 5 mins.
I work in a office environment, so I guess I don't really require as much for daily maintenance? But i do walk to work, a 1 hour walk roundtrip.
So how many calories would you guys recommend? and protein/carb/fat?

Additionally, is there a iphone app you guys recommend that will give me basic information on the amount of calories and stuff that I eat?

thanks in advance

Aim for calories = 18 x bodyweight in lbs
Grams of protein at least 1.5 x bodyweight
~25-30% of calories from fat
The remainder carbs

You will have to up your calories and everything as your weight increases. So you should start at about here:
~2650 Calories
220 grams protein
90 grams fat
240 grams carbs

Just keep your macros roughly around those levels, you don't have to be a nazi about it and have everything exact. Just get about 220 grams of protein, 90 grams of fat and 240 grams of carbs to start with. You can up the protein by x amount of grams if you prefer but make sure you drop the carbs by the same amount. Carbs are very important for building strength and adding size, so I don't recommend cutting back on them.

That shouldn't be too hard to achieve, I take two protein shake gainers a day (Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex), and that itself already sums up to around 1200 calories and 120 protein. The rest should be easy to get. I feel like I've been doing this for awhile, I'm pretty sure I eat before 3000 calories a day but my weight doesn't go up as fast as I thought it will. I get like maybe 1 lb a week and my strength levels are the same or even decreased. I don't feel that solid as when I was doing a traditional split, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I will keep at it and see what happens after 1-2 more cycles.

If you are only gaining 1 lb a week then you might have to go up to 20 x bodyweight in calories. How high were your carbs before? Too low on the carbs and strength gains lag.

My two shakes total up to like 170g of carbs, and I do eat a good amount of carbs throughout the day, I think....I eat a decent amount of rice, almost with every meal (I'm chinese, so rice is like the main food lol). I think the main culprit is my inconsistency though to be honest. Eating consistently every day is harder than working out.

I also want help same like on this topic. actually i newly starts football and I want to know which kind of diet is proper for me. and which things are not good for me.

Back