Not completely dissolved protein powder?

Rain

Maybe a stupid question, but sometimes my protein drinks aren't completely dissolved, meaning that the protein powder forms lumps in the water. This is probably due to that I'm (intentionally) not using enough water for the powder to fully dissolve. I kind of chew it down :). I like it better that way!

Anyway, here's the question: does the protein powder need to be completely dissolved for maximum protein uptake?

As I said, I like chewing it down, and I drink plenty of water between the protein drinks, so that shouldn't be a problem. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this affects uptake.

Regards,
/ R

i suppose it depends on what your taking ...instant whey is 400ml of water to a 25ml scoop this is worked out so it gets into the bloodstream quicker..so if you made it thicker it would absorb slower.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rain @ Aug. 18 2005,4:11)]If you only knew...I also like to listen to music from musicals. While training. :D
/ R
Yeah nuthin`gets you more tuned up than John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John :D

Where you from Rain?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rain @ Aug. 19 2005,11:18)]I'm from Sweden. Originally from outer space, but born and bred in Sweden. :)
/ R
Du är från Sverige?
wow.gif

Okej, nu förstår jag var du är så besynnerligt
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rain @ Aug. 19 2005,1:56)]Jag misstänker att du är från Finland...? Med tanke på citatet.
/ R
Nej, du var riktig...jag är från Finland men det är trevligt att skriva svensk ibland (erbarmligt) och har annan skandinavien här bland alla amerikaner ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tcup @ Aug. 18 2005,8:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rain @ Aug. 18 2005,12:30)]Thanks, I'll keep on chewing then.
Regards,
/ R
Weirdo  
tounge.gif
hahaha

and this thread led to a discussion in swedish and on metal music... all I have to say is WOW

but in a related answer to the original post ...

I make my shakes with two scoops of whey protein, 20 oz of water (it says to do a cup per scoop, so the extra 4 oz makes sure I won't have any clumps) - I add 12 oz of skim milk for better taste and more protein, and I love my shakes.
laugh.gif

-Colby

Back