old chest injury coming back

Bren86

Hi well I don't do the 15s anymore.
I'm startin to feel my right pectoral throughtout the day. Its an anoying feeling in my chest. Well I just have my 5s left then I'm on holiday for 2 weeks. which is when I will be deconditioning. Well when I get back I plan on redoing my rep maxes for 10s and 5s but before shal I do 2 weeks of 15s or maybe 20s.
I think the top right of my pectoral is abit swolan because its like abit bigger than my left. not noticeable but I can feel it. I think its the old injury I may have re triggered.

OK- I'll put my 2 cents on this too.

I'm of the mind that, if something gives you grief today it will definately give you grief again tomorrow unless something changes.

That change may be reducing the weights in your next cycle, changing your technique (bringing the bar below your nipples for eg.), your grip....or changing the exercise. Changing technique/grip while carrying an injury though, is unlikely to give you a good idea if it actually helps- it's a catch 22.

If you have never tried dips- give them a go. Before benchpressing became the 'showcase' power exercise, everyone used to perform dips as their chest exercise of choice. It also works triceps well. Leaning forward as you dip will target your triceps- keeping your upper body upright will focus it on your chest. (Or is that the other way around? Sorry- no dipping bar in the room).

If you've never done dips before- it'll be difficult to start on; even bodyweight may be impossible for 8 reps- but the curve is steep. Try it for a cycle. It may take a month (or even the whole cycle) until you can start dipping with progressively increasing weights- but remember that bodybuilding is for thelong term. 2 months is nothing in the scheme of things but another pec injury may be disastrous.

If something is going wrong in your lifting (injury or otherwise), more of the same is not going to help.

Back