Please stop the SPAM!!!!

Discussion in 'FYI' started by Bulldog, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Bulldog

Bulldog Active Member

There seems to be a lot of SPAM being posted lately. Is there anything that can be done to stop it?

I volunteer to be a moderator if that will help. I'm sure a few other regulars would be willing to help out as well.

2. quadancer

quadancer New Member

I say block this clown, or backtrack his path, send a few of us out there and dismember him limb from limb. Useless trashoid.

3. Lol

Lol Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm having a similar problem with a forum I manage and haven't had time to figure out how to stop the blighters yet. On some forums it's possible to have an extra validation step during account set-up that might deter spammers from registering. Not sure if Ikonboard can do this?

4. Bryan Haycock

Bryan Haycock Administrator Staff Member

Sorry, I'll try to stay on top of it. [​IMG]

5. Peak_Power

Peak_Power New Member

The jokes are funny though, "come on dick, we're leaving".

Priceless [​IMG]

But yeah it is pretty annoying, I mean do people actually click on the links and buy their products??

6. It seems that a couple regulars around here could be made moderators. Then, crap could be deleted right away.

I don't know much about much, but Lol seems responsible enough. Who else seems responsible and level headed enough? Hmm... not sure, but there's got to be a couple guys.

7. quadancer

quadancer New Member

I just want to track them down and kill them.

8. Lol

<div>
    (quadancer @ Feb. 26 2007,22:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just want to track them down and kill them.</div>
    Quad for moderator! [​IMG]

9. vagrant

vagrant New Member

<div>
    (Lol @ Feb. 26 2007,19:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
    (quadancer @ Feb. 26 2007,22:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just want to track them down and kill them.</div>
    Quad for moderator! [​IMG]</div>
    Moderator?

President.

As long as he issues and executive order for a special seal team to be created just to destroy spammers.

10. RUSS

RUSS Member

Quad, with great power comes great responsibility, didn't you see spiderman? [​IMG]

11. quadancer

quadancer New Member

Yeah, better forget it. I don't want to job if I can't get the girl.

12. dkm1987

dkm1987 New Member

Problem is...... a mod can delete the posts, which I have been doing but I can't block the IP, that's something Bryan or JVRoig will need to do.

13. Fausto

Fausto HST Expert

I'm sure that JV will sort them out like a good batman should.

Damn annoying, spoils the mood of this forum!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just want to track them down and kill them.</div>

Go Quad, I'll join ya!

14. RUSS

RUSS Member

And now theres multiple posts titled "my woman" village rape" ect. WTF??? [​IMG]

15. It's getting worse and worse.

16. colby2152

colby2152 New Member

Use the ignore button for now. JV hasn't been around in some time, so Bryan will have to block their IP addresses.

17. Bulldog

Bulldog Active Member

Yeah, it is getting much worse. I could handle the bad jokes and such but the latest stuff is a bit on the extreme end of things.

I still don't understand why they don't make a few more regular long time members moderators. Obviously like Dan said, mods can't ban IP addresses but at least they could delete the offensive posts and let Bryan and JV know what user name to look up the IP address for to ban them.

18. Aaron_F

Aaron_F New Member

I have deleted as many as I can

19. Lol

Thanks Aaron. Much appreciated.

20. bgates1654

bgates1654 New Member

LOL there is more now.