Primer vs. Driver

leegee38

My Primer mixes very easily, even without a blender. Just stir it into some water and it blends up well. My Driver, on the other hand, stays gritty and clumpy regardless of what I do including using a blender. Is this a normal difference between the two products, or do I just maybe have an old jar of Driver? Any experiences you could share would be appreciated. Thanks!

I never experienced that, I never used a blender with Driver, unless I added some nuts or fruit, just a shaker, it was a little thicker but that's it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (leegee38 @ Sep. 29 2004,10:59)]My Primer mixes very easily, even without a blender. Just stir it into some water and it blends up well. My Driver, on the other hand, stays gritty and clumpy regardless of what I do including using a blender. Is this a normal difference between the two products, or do I just maybe have an old jar of Driver? Any experiences you could share would be appreciated. Thanks!

No, you didn't just get an "old bottle". :D Primer has been "instantized". Driver has not. Driver doesn't stir very well with just a spoon. I personally use a hand blender (A.K.A. stick blender) or a shaker bottle.

In an effort to keep the price of the Driver down, I opted not to have it agglomerated (i.e. instantized). In the future I intend to make it easier to mix though without increasing the price.

As far as the texture goes, micellar casein is a bit "gritty". If you buy a product from another company claiming to be micellar and it isn't gritty, it isn't micellar. Or at least there isn't very much in there.

Please let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with.

Back