protein cycling and carb intake

basikmuzik

I was reading one of the articles that Blade posted In the faqs forum on nutrition. He was saying something about eating low carbs with higher protein to get the best out of it. I dont get it though, I didn't think that protein and carbs competed for digestion. He also said to never eat protein with no carbs. So I'm wondering what would be the best ratio in grams. Heres what I normally eat everyday
8am peanut butter and jelly sandwich 50g carb, 13 protein
Half a can of tuna 26 g of protein
1100 same as breakfast
130-200 same as breakfast
500 same as breakfast

after that I eat whatever I'm hungryfor because I've eaten all the protein i needed
total protein 156.
there are deviations from time to time, but this is the usual.
crazy.gif

including snacks and drinks i'll normally get around 300 g of carbs. I'm 156 5'6 tall
so what do you think of my diet, its madening but I'm just trying to grow
a whole of questions, huh?! lol
just one more

Blade mentioned protein cycling in the same post. my questions is, how does it fit into hst, I understand that the igf levels heighten(suposedly) but how exactly are you staying in an anabolic state when your protein needs are even LOWER THAN THE RDA!! I thought the rda recomendation is about how much protein you need just for your brain and all the functions to work properly without too much stress. How does your body deal with the stress of a hard workout,(especially during the 5's) when you arent even eating enough protein to for your body to do day to day things.
I've been hsting since jan, ive gained 15lbs. YES!! thanks for this program.

Back