<u>SCI's Weekly Max-out Training
</u>
Deads
Squats
Dips
Chins
Press

Monday/Wednesday: Volume Days
Use 75% of the loads used on max day, cluster the reps to 20 total reps per exercise.

Friday: Max Day
Do one working set per exercise, going to failure. Once 6 reps can be done with a load, increase the load by 5%.

<u>1/27/06 -tested maxes
</u>
Deads- 130 KG x 5 reps
Squats- 120 KG x 8 reps
Dips- BW+20 x 6 reps
Chins- BW x 8 reps (jeez, I am either fat or I just suck at these, or both
laugh.gif
)
Press- 75K x 6 reps

SD for 10 days...vacation, skiing, etc.

2/7/07- volume day (all reps are clustered into smaller sets)
Deads- 100 KG x 20 reps
Squats- 94 KG x 20 reps
Dips- BW x 20 reps
Chins- BW x 20 reps
Press- 60 KG x 20 reps

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">2/7/07- volume day (all reps are clustered into smaller sets)
Deads- 100 KG x 20 reps
Squats- 94 KG x 20 reps</div>

I was about to say... 20 rep set x 100 kg is pretty good! One question, are you still doing the standard 15/10/5 rep range OR is this a clustering cycle for strength purposes?

<div>
(colby2152 @ Feb. 08 2007,10:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">this is a clustering cycle for strength purposes.</div>
exactly. clustering for strength purposes.

cool.gif

P.S. Sorry about that Carl. Hope Dan can clear up the aftermath! Oh, you still have your maxes recorded as found in 2006.

Sorry Sci, didn't actually realise that was the thread I was in when I posted, couldn't delete my posts (if someone else can then please go ahead) but I've cut out the content and posted it in a separate thread, LOl can do the same if he likes and then it's back to your log!

Cheers

Rob

2/9/07

Deads-130K x 6 reps
Squats-125K x 6 reps
Dips-BW+35 x 6 reps
Chins-BW+10 x 6 reps
Press-70K x 6 reps...actually lost strength on this lift, vacation too long maybe?

Next friday I will max out again with higher loads!

quick question....I am currently dropping some bodyfat. With a slight caloric deficit should I be conservative and just try to maintain my current strength levels while cutting, or should I just train normally trying to beat my maxes every week? I know I will not hypertrophy on a caloric deficit, but I am purely interested in strength gains now and was wondering if I should continue trying to push for neural gains while losing weight.

Yeah, I usually am weaker too. I think I will just keep progressing until I stall out or fail a lift. Then I will stop progressing and just try to maintain my strength until I am leaned out.

I no longer really want to be 'big'. I just want to be really lean and strong as hell. Hence this strength-specific stuff, etc.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Feb. 10 2007,23:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Yeah, I usually am weaker too.  I think I will just keep progressing until I stall out or fail a lift.  Then I will stop progressing and just try to maintain my strength until  I am leaned out.

I no longer really want to be 'big'.  I just want to be really lean and strong as hell.  Hence this strength-specific stuff, etc.</div>
Wanting to be strong as hell kinda implies 'big' to me.
rock.gif

Wanting to be as strong as possible at whatever bodyweight you chose to be, now that makes more sense. But, we all know that 'big' in bb circles requires juicing, so training naturally will never really see us getting 'big' anyway. That's why I reckon on HST or Max Stim for as long as possible and then focus on strength once the gains stop coming (or slow considerably).

Carb depletion has left me feeling more quickly drained during a workout. At the moment I am carbing up again one day a week to see how that helps. I will try to keep my top lifts the same as last cycle but may have to settle for fewer reps with those loads. Well see...

My point is this...most HSTers want to be 'big' and strength is just a nice side-effect. I have somewhat switched perspectives and now I just want to be strong and big muscles are just a nice side effect!
smile.gif

I get such a high just lifting and setting new personal records that the 'bodybuilding' aspect of it no longer interests me as much. Strength and lifting have become a kind of therapy or even religion for me. I feel great lifting weights and pushing my body to its limits. And I love the challenge of always wanting to improve upon the last lifting session.

Anyway, I am leaning out (cutting) and once I get were I want to be bodyfat-wise I am going to just push for strength increases with only minimal bodyweight increases. No more 'bulking' and purposely trying for sheer size. Of course if my strength plateaus for awhile I will add the needed calories to help me along!
cool.gif

Lol, it is possible to gain good size naturally. Look at Hugo Rivera. Or visit the homepage for MuscleNow.com and read Francesco's jibe. But the point is, it's pretty brutal failure training, and only younger guys have stuck with it; even some of the guys on it are doing Westside, Spytech, and other programs along with it.
The two most functional points of his are the workouts and diet. His diet system is excellent for people who don't mind counting every calorie, carb, protien and fat gram.
I never could.

Back