should we drink a shake before bed to grow muscle?

When we should,how much protein and carbs should we drink before bed,in order to grow muscle?

thanks!
sleeping.gif

Some kind of animal protein would be better. You want something with slow absorption at that time, not fast. I eat a can of sardines or a few whole eggs.

I like 12 ounces of skim milk for my pre-bed feeding. I really don't like the taste of 2%, or even 1%, milk anymore after years of skim! :confused:

Hi Neanderthalensis,

try mixing a shake of 300 ml.nonfatmilk with about 40 grams caseinproteinpowder and some soft fruit.

i personally like a 450 gram box of nonfat-cottagecheese ( no further additions ) just before bedtime. delivers around 50 grams of slow absorbed protein, without too many calories.

bye
andré

For the past year I've had 1.5 cups of cottage chesse (fat free) mixed with some protein powder before bed, and some flax oil.

You'll want some carbs in there, they're anti catibolic and no, they won't get stored as fat
crazy.gif

I use whole food, milk just wakes me for pee during the night :D

a couple of eggs, 250mls(ish) of plain natural yogurt mixed with a handfull of raw nuts, chopped apple and cinnamon.

I (pretty much) always have fat free cottage cheese for long acting protein and pineapple in juice before bed.

Elle

A shake or fluid should come second to a solid protein source before bedtime. E.g. white or red meat would digest sufficiently slow. Or have some fat with your casein-shake. Some bodybuilders insist on getting up during the night and having additional protein then...

Back