Skim MIlk

OneMoreRep

I was thinkin of making Skim Milk one of my main sources of protein...

does anyone know @ what point will milk consumption become a threat for kidney stones?

some people say 1 gallon of milk a day is fine ...

anyone?

Dear OneMoreRep,

I doubt drinking milk can give rise to kidney stones. I could think of instances where a lack of dietary calcium can give rise to this, and the alleged evils of milk aside, I'd drink up if this was the source of protein suited to your dietary and budget constraints.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

You know...I never thought about it. What does cause them? How would one avoid 'em?

Also, Aaron, did you ever hear of or do a liver or gallbladder flush?

Not that milk is bad... but if you want to reduce the amount of lactose you are consuming, I do recommend that Carb Countdown "Dairy Beverage". I can drink the fat free stuff straight, and I like it. 24g protein in 16 ounces, a handful of carbs. Usually drink a glass before bed.

Milk has a very high insulinemic index. If you drink a lot of it it increases the chances to gain fat..

If someone has a hard time gaining weight it's a good choice however.

Mr Dr told me that if you are done growing too much calcium in the diet may cause kidney stones.

but since skim milk is LIQUID not liek cheese i figure it might flush out excess....

i really have no idea what "TOO MUCH" is...

kidney stones are caused by excess minerals in the blood that end up gathering in the kidney's basically.

Anyone Know any Nutritionists?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heavy Duty dude @ Dec. 07 2004,6:50)]Milk has a very high insulinemic index. If you drink a lot of it it increases the chances to gain fat..
I'm not concerned about gaining fat. :) besides i can think of other foods i eat what would cause me to store fat more readily
blush.gif

kidney stones is my concern.

Low calcium diets combined with high protien diets can create a negative calcium balance.

Whether calcium in milk causes kidney stones is a BIG maybe, but more potential if a massive high dose of calcium over a long period of time, and/or low fluid intakes

Adequate calcoum is good for you (from a fat loss/nutrient partitioning perspective)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Heavy Duty dude @ Dec. 07 2004,6:50)]Milk has a very high insulinemic index. If you drink a lot of it it increases the chances to gain fat..
dozingoff.gif
dozingoff.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Dec. 08 2004,2:32)]Low calcium diets combined with high protien diets can create a negative calcium balance.
Whether calcium in milk causes kidney stones is a BIG maybe, but more potential if a massive high dose of calcium over a long period of time, and/or low fluid intakes
Adequate calcoum is good for you (from a fat loss/nutrient partitioning perspective)
i am wondering if it makes a difference for bodybuilding athletes.

[b said:
you sure about that?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom Treutlein @ Dec. 07 2004,1:46)]Aaron, did you ever hear of or do a liver or gallbladder flush?
I know you are asking Aaron, but someone had brought this up and even posted a link to some website that was selling some gunk in a bottle and how after taking it as "prescribed" (used loosely of course) they passed stones and cleansed their liver, I think it's bunk but ??

If I remember where I'll send it to you, heck for all I can remember it was you who was posting it. I have too many gray hairs interfering with memory synapses I guess.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Dec. 08 2004,3:09)]
[b said:
you sure about that?
Well, usually you avoid hig gi carbs, don't you? It's the same for the milk.

Milk has a very high insulinemic index. I talked to a trainer the other day who even told me it was a good post-workout choice because of that.

I have found that it's also good for carbups.

Except for that, I prefer to avoid milk because of that.

Back