Soreness?

I

imported_dave86

I have completed 5 days of my 15's but I really haven't felt any notable soreness in my muscles yet. Does this mean they aren't growing or is the whole pain=growth thing some kind of myth? I did take 9 days off for SD and did almost nothing in the way of physical activity during that time so I guess I did SD fine.

Sorry if this a stupid question but I'd just like to know.

Looks to me like you had a succesful previous cycle and came back stronger.  Next time, increase the weights a bit more after SD. Darn weight training making you stronger - who'd have thunk it?

However, it does seem that the first part of the cycle does feel pretty light with "easy work".  It does get harder - remember?

When you move on into the shorter, lower rep sets and the weight goes up and you still aren't feeling it, you may have to adjust your weights accordingly.

Actually this is my vvery first HST cycle. I thought I might have made some rookie mistake like underestimating my RM's or mabye not SD'ing properly

I will say when doing squats I found the lifiting kinda difficult even when it was well below my RM. For other exercises though they didn't become difficult until day 5.

Then I'd just follow the plan for the cycle and see how it goes.  Then if next time you need more weight - start heavier.

It is hard to get past that mindset of "heavy, heavier, heaviest..." all the time especially if you've done HIT style training in the past.  That was the biggest stumbling block for me.

I saw the results that others were getting from HST and still didn't believe.  Then I got injured and tried it for recovery and am now convinced.

Some stuff is just hard no matter what the weight on the bar is. Squats are one of those things. Pullups are another. The hard stuff is the most valuable though.

Back