tricep execises

texas78

Fausto, you mentioned "skull crushes" (
butbut.gif
 does these hurt my head? hehe
tounge.gif
) in another topic. How is this exercise performed?
When we're into tricep, any other good tricep exersices?
(Stretch exercises especially)
I currently use 1 or 2 set Tricep press and 1 set Tricep pushdown(broad grip/albow tight to body).
best regards
truls

Skull crushers and overhead dumbell extensions are the best triceps exercises. Most people fancy the skulls because you can use larger weight and it's easier to perform (lying down, press the weight into starting position).

Here is how to perform them, courtesy of Kate:

Skullcrushers

Good luck :)

Texas

There is also french curls which are good.

French curls with back support

But here they are

Skull crushers

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]does these hurt my head?

Well not the way you'll see them in the link, some people prefer to keep the upper arm extremely steady and lower the bar to their foreheads, hence the name
laugh.gif

I find this one one of the best for stretch it limits the amount of weight one can bear and is somewhat hard on the back, but good posture can avoid problems, the guy in the link has a good posture tio avoid back problems.

Cable bent over extension

Well, there are some dumbell ones too but basically they repeat the ones above in slightly different ways.

Thanks guys, both reply cleared things up!
thumbs-up.gif

I thought "Frech press" was what now appeared to be "skull crunch".
blush.gif

I've traind this exersercise for years(skull crunch), but 6 month ago i started to feel pain in my bicep..
crazy.gif
I know it seems crazy, but i think it has somthing to do with the bicep tendon beeing stretched when my forearms is pressed on the bicep. (I really concentrate to hit the muscle 100% and keep my albows tight in a stady controlled move)

Any suggestions about the pain?

best regards
truls

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Well not the way you'll see them in the link, some people prefer to keep the upper arm extremely steady and lower the bar to their foreheads, hence the name.
That's how I perform this exercise. Be careful with your elbows when you get to the heavy stuff, though.

About the bicep pain, now, I'm not sure. I'm inclined to believe that it's something different and not this exercise. If you can't figure this out soon, switch exercises and see how it goes. Strange...

Actually i dropped the "cruncher" at the end of that cycle. So i have'nt trained it in several months.

I dont have any other problem with my bicep in any other exercise so i'm pretty sure it is related to this exercise.

I think i'll maybe use this exercise on 15-10 rep and drop it at 5rep when it gets havy.

/truls

If I understand correctly, the difference between skull crushers and French presses is that with the latter, you lower the weight in an arc behind your head as opposed to just down to your forehead. I prefer this because it gives you a better stretch. French presses are one of my favorites, right up there with dips.

Speaking of dips, bench dips are also superb. You can build up to some serious weight with these.

Back