Upper Chests

Laurent

How do you guys target the upper chests? Everytime i tried to focus on upper chest using incline presses and flyes, i juz couldn't feel the stress on it. I only do presses and flyes with dumbbells and barbells, no cables and machines. I rotate inclines and flats between the two exercises for every workout. I also do dips...

I can see improvements in strength, but visual impact isn't really there. When i look on my profile, i can tell that my upper chests aren't as thick as my middle/lower chests and that really bugs me coz its looks weird...

Is there any way to work around this problem or is it juz genetics that my chest is gonna look like that forever?
crazy.gif

It could be a deficit in strength, i.e. - because of the lack of strength in your clavicular pectoralis major, the major sternal pressing movement conditions it BEFORE your direct work.

Try focusing on ONLY the clavicular head one cycle and post your results!

I'm thinking of 1 set each for incline barbell, dumbbell press and flyes for the next cycle. Nothing else more for the chests.
I'm also thinking of reduce the amount of resting to 30secs to exhaust the sternal muscles so that i can hit the clavicular muscles...
Is this good enough?

edit: Another question, are doing push-up good for the chests too? I'm thinking of doing clap/slide push ups on non gym days.

Well increasing the amount of contractions that the clavicular pectoralis are expieriencing is a good pose, but sets have no relevance to hypertrophy. Sets are simply a measure of muscular contractions to either prevent or induce fatigue with a given weight load (depends on school of thought).

The rest time decrease will not much other than fatigue you. If you want a good idea, create a great amount of hypoxia by focusing A LOT on the clavicular pectoralis during the 15's microcycle. The more hypoxia, the greater amount of water retention/glycogensis repletion that can occur, which overall means the better amount of synthesis of macronutrients to the muscle, i.e. - more size in the long run.

Happy lifting. If you want, you can contact me through AOL INSTANT MESSENGER™, my 'screen name' is: ilFacell. Then we can speak further on the subject.

Back