WATER?

ucmd

I did a search and have read a few posts on type of water which is best to drink but still do not have a clear idea!!! - :confused: Do things like brita etc...filter out the minerals? Tap water in Canada is fairly clean - is spring water necessary? Also, i'm assuming like calories, that water consumption should be spread out evenly across the day!? Approximately, a gallon a day should be consumed - right? I heard somewhere that all this water dilutes vitamin C etc. in the body? Are there any specific times where water should or should not be consumed in excess?

Sorry for the array of questions
blush.gif
Answer as many as you wish - but I think it will be helpful to beginners like me and even more experienced lifters. Maybe it is not such an important topic as this post seems to make it out to be!
Again, THANKS A LOT!!!

One more thing - I drink a lot of milk - would this contribute to my water intake or should I exclude it?

Dear ucmd,

Unless you are at risk of drowning and/or under some medical supervision of water restriction, you should not restrict your water intake.

I am assuming you take six small meals a day. With each meal take 2-3 glasses of water and you should be fine. Also, if the water in your area is notoriously hard or suspect, you might wish to get a filter. Check your local papers for suppliers of filters and the like.

Also, don't count your milk intake as water. They are two very different things and the best thing for quenching thirst really is a large jug of chilled water. Beer is good too but it ranks a distant second ;)

Godspeed, and happy HSTing.

ps Vitamin C, traditionally, is water soluble but in no way does drinking extra water "dilute" its anti-oxidative power. In fact, it might help transport of vitamin C within your body.

Milk is largely water, so it has to count towards fluid intake. The body knows no difference between water in milk, coffee, cola, food, beer, whiskey, gin or basically anything. Its water.

Back