What are you Eating?

JohnnyYakuza

It just occured to me that i know the levels of calories i should eating for a cut, or for a bulk, but when it comes to the actual foods i can eat i run out of ideas.

my diet is pretty dull

wow.gif
0)tuna sandwich

wow.gif
0)cottage cheese

wow.gif
0)milk and cottage cheese

wow.gif
0)chicken salad

wow.gif
0)cottage cheese

22:30)tuna sandwich

thats pretty much my cutting diet at the mo, and i seem to be eating it every day, mainly as its simple and easy, and i've got no money, but it gets very bland.

so what is everyone eating, any ideas on how to spice things up?

you can mention your bulking diets as well as i'd like to hear about them too.

1. Sausage with homemade barbecue sauce.
2. Filet mignon
a. in a blue cheese and red wine reduction
b. in a veal demiglace with peppercorns
c. in a worcestershire/soy marinade
3. Grilled rack of lamb
4. Cottage Cheese
5. Cheese
6. Peanut butter
7. Tortilla Soup
8. Beef stew
9. Chicken breast in homemade barbecue sauce
10. And the occasional pizza

Rice, Oil, Protein
Rice, Oil, Chicken
Rice, Oil, Protein
Rice, Oil, Chicken
Fish, Salad

On trainingdays I add two shakes of dextrose, protein and Creatin.

On non-trainingsdays I add one shake of dextrose, protein and Creatin in the morning.

oatmeal + eggs,
roast beef + yogurt + fruit,
extra lean ground beef + milk,
brown rice + chicken,
fruits & veggies of all kinds.

pre-workout i have a glass of powerade and 30g of whey,
post-workout i have driver in a strawberry & chocolate shake.

For breakfast, I will usually have scrambled egg sandwich (3 whites, 1 yolk) on whole wheat bread. (I scramble in microwave, no fat added). Oatmeal, fruit. If I don't eat eggs, I'll have whey protein/milk with my oatmeal for protein.

Mid morning, I will eat yogurt and fruit. Sometimes a protein bar.

Lunch 1, herb salad (pre-packaged) with 6oz can of tuna in water, cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, flax oil, balsamic vinegar. Whole wheat matzo (cracker)

Lunch 2, repeat above. Sometimes, I'll eat 6oz can of chicken instead of tuna.

Dinner 1, Some type of baked or grilled meat, 5 to 6 oz. (boneless chicken breast, pork chop, sirloin steak, fish), steamed veggies (squash, broccoli, sugar snap peas, brussel sprouts are my favorites)

Dinner 2, repeat Dinner 1. (I used to eat one large dinner but now split it into two meals).

One way I like to cook my boneless chicken breast that is quick, easy and tasty is to marinate it in a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and then cook it on my George Foreman Grill. I will slightly "pound out" the chicken breast before marinating to make it a little thinner and more tender. It cooks in about 3 to 4 minutes. Veggies can be cooked in either a steamer or sometimes in the microwave.

mdz,

how do you cook your veggies in the microwave? I usually steam mine but its a little messy and clean up is a pain in the @$$.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diznik @ April 06 2004,2:11)]mdz,
how do you cook your veggies in the microwave? I usually steam mine but its a little messy and clean up is a pain in the @$$.
diznik,
I do it a couple of ways...
I use a microwave dish (tupperware) that has a loose fitting lid on it. Add the veggies, just a little bit of water and seasoning (I like Mrs. Dash and ground red pepper). Microwave on high for a couple of minutes then stir and check firmness and nuke a little longer if you want them more done.

Another way is to use a plastic freezer bag. Add the veggies to a freezer bag along with a teaspoon of water and seasoning. Seal the bag and then poke a few holes in the top of the bag for venting. Place the bag on a plate and nuke for about 2 minutes. Be careful when you dump the veggies onto your plate as the steam coming from the bag will be pretty hot. Then you can just throw the bag away or rinse it out and reuse later.

Mike

Meal1: 3 extra large eggs (boiled). (perhaps i should cut down on the yolks?) Banana. Glass of milk.

Meal 2: Can of tuna mixed with plain yoghurt and pepper. Peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole grain bread. Glass of milk.

Meal3: Quarter pound chicken breast. Bowl of almonds and grapes. Glass of milk.

Meal 4: Large bowl of rice mixed with butter and vegetables and a quarter pound of chicken sliced up into the mix. Glass of milk.

Meal 5: Medium bowl of rice mixed with plain yoghurt and cottage cheese. (Tastes pretty bad)

On gym days I eat meal 3 before going to gym and meal 4 right after coming back.

Also, i drink teas during the day sometimes. Earl grey tea and/or peppermint tea, with which i have a large tablespoon of honey in each.

I'm cutting so I'm pretty lean and lower carb than normal at this point. But here's a great meal to try:

Get some deli sliced (1 oz per slice) roasted, seasoned turkey
Roll 2 slices up (should be 2 oz) then wrap a slice of kraft singles around it.

Thats it, eat it, its good, especially if you melt the cheese a little. 3 rolls of this is 60 protein 28 fat and 3 carbs.

Meal 1: 5 boiled eggs(2 yulks) ,3 toasts with cheese,glass of grape juice
Meal 2: protein and carb shake
meal 3: diner, depends what the lady wants to eat,I add pasta or rice to mine.So we eat very oriental these day!
Meal 4: protein and carb shake
Meal 5: tuna and pasta olive oil,glass of grape juice
I don't need to mention this a bulking diet.I add an extra glass of grape juice with creatine somewhere during the day.
Instead of tuna sandwich,you can mixed your tuna with tabouleh or with some taco-fajitas spices.
Or greek salad with tuna.
During summertime I like chicken salad with artichoke,tomatoes,etc.
You could eat white cheese instead of cottage.That's what on top of my mind for now. I must say I did lost some creativity as well. Eating the same thing every is my remedy(sic) against calories counting...

Meal 1-1 cup Kashi Cereal, 1 cup Skim Milk, 1 scoop Whey, 1 cup Juice, 3 Tablets Fish Oil, Multivitamin, 2 cups Coffee, 2 Tbsp 1/2 n 1/2, 2 packets Splenda (in coffee), 1/2 liter water

Meal 2- 5 slices no fat Turkey, 1 cup no fat Cottage Cheese, 3 oz Baby carrots, 1 apple, 1/2 liter water

Meal 3- 1 can Light Tuna, 1 cup no fat cottage cheese, 1 apple, 1 liter water

Meal 4- 2 scoops Whey, 1 cup Grape Juice, Creatine, 1 liter water

Meal 5- Whatever wife cooks, usually 6 oz chicken or fish or 4 oz beef (cooked various ways), 1 cup of beans (red kidney, lima, white) 1 cup salad with vinegrette w/1/4 cup shredded cheese,or Mixed Veggies, 1/2 liter water

Meal 6- 2 slices seven grain bread, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter, 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup no fat cottage cheese

About 2500 Calories(average) - 20% Fat-40% Carb and Protein

2 Fish oil. I multi
Breakfast - Egg Beaters, Ham, or Turkey ham and cheddar.

Mid - Protein Shake.

2 Fish Oil, 1 Multi
Lunch - Tuna or Salmon with Mayo. Salad (Spinach, Cabbage) with Bleu Cheese dressing.

Mid - Depends. Can be nuts, cheese, tuna, shake, whatever.

2 Fish Oil, 1 Multi
Any kind of low carb thing, with Veg, or salad if I didn't have one at lunch.

TV snack. Can be nuts, or cheese, or whatever I feel like really. Mostly drink either water or diet green tea throughout the day. Have totally eliminated sodas.

Doing SD right now. Fixed up the weight machine. Gotta get the leg press plate welded, but I tightened the cables, and it is much smoother. During workouts I take creatine, and do a pure whey shake before, and soy after. Soy is slow, and it is very good for helping to bring down cholesterol levels. I would like to get mine down before my June visit to the VA.

Stretch

This pretty much fluctuates but this is an approximation of what I try to eat to get bigger ( I am too skinny)..
Meal 1: Scrambled eggs(4 eggs) with tomatoes and onions + Mayonnaise. Two toasts with Philadelphia cheese.Milk with Knusper.
and a Glass of Milk
Meal 2: Steak , Potatoes, Salad, water , and a fruit(usually a banana)
Meal 3: Tuna Fish with tomatoes and Mayonnaise. Glass of Milk. A serving of green olives.

Meal 4: Sandwich with turkey, tomatoes, lettuce and Mayonnaise.

Meal 5: usually a steak or boneless chicken with rice, yoghurt, a salad and a Glass of Milk
Sometimes I eat small snacks in between when I have time.. But I dont always have the time because of classes ... and this does not include my additional intake of protein and creatine per day.. but it gives an idea

Back