What exercises are you doing?

I am just curious as to what everyone is doing.  Especially with regard to exercise selection and targeted muscles, I'll start:

Recently hurt my lower back so I am doing 'alternative' leg work for now.

HST 3x/week Fullbody (3 sets each)
Bench Press (pectorals, triceps)
Supported Rows (rear delts, upper lats, trapezius, rhomboids, external rotators)
Dumbell Press (deltoids, triceps)
Pulldowns (lats, teres major, biceps)
Romanian Deadlifts (spinal erectors, hamstrings)
Split Squats (quadriceps, glutes, adductors)

HST 3x/week alternating A/B routines. Finishing the 10s using 2 sets, planning on doing 3 sets on the 5s.

Routine A:
Bench Press (pecs, triceps)
Chin-Ups (lats, biceps)
Triceps Push-down (triceps)
Deadlift (quad, glutes, lower back)
BB Curl (biceps)
Leg Curl (hams)
Calf Raise (calves) (doing 20 reps)
Crunch (abs) (doing 20 reps)

Routine B:
Dip (pecs, triceps, front delts)
Bent over BB Row (upper back, biceps)
Triceps Push-down (triceps)
Front Squat (quads, glutes, hams, lower back)
BB Curl (biceps)
Calf Raise (calves) (doing 20 reps)
Crunch (abs) (doing 20 reps)

I am not working the oblique abs on purpose to maximize the V shape.
I am thinking on adding something to the shoulders. I get back delts with rows and front delts with dips so maybe the lateral delts. One option is upright row which gets them and traps as an added bonus but I think my routine is long enough as it is.

Well, there are only 3 muscles.
Chest, back, and legs.
biggrin.gif

I take two exersizes (mostly) for each and alternate them, like squats/deads, bench/dips, and pendlays/pullups.
Arms are bi/tri alternates and shrugs bring in the fluffy fun.
Simple, effective.

I pretty much decide what I fancy doing each session from a core selection of exercises, most of which I know various RMs for.

Some things I keep to each week, like front squats on Mondays and back squats on Fridays or Saturdays. Deads and power cleans are currently alternated on Wednesdays.

If I am pushed for time I will often finish up a workout the following day.

Mon
Front Squat
Dip/Bench
Pendlay Row
Press

Wed
Deads/Power Cleans/RDL
Bench/Dip
Chins/Pull-ups (various grips)
Upright Rows

Fri
Back Squat
Dip/Bench
Single-arm row
Single-arm press

I may also throw in some arm isos, shrugs, lateral raises and some calf work if i have the energy.

And then there's grip work (that I must get back into doing regularly).

If I feel that a 3 x weekly per-muscle-group frequency starts getting too much during the 5s I'll drop it down to 2 x weekly in the form of a split so I'll have more time to get some extra volume in.

I'll start 15s with about 30-45 reps per exercise and try to finish up the 5s with around 20 work-set reps (plus some extra back-off work as I feel fit to do so) before heading into 1RM territory for a few weeks and then taking a break before starting over.

I follow an ABA BAB schedule.

A
Deadlift
Pullups
Press
Pendlay Rows
Incline Bench
Various Cleans
Curl
Ext Rotator Cuff

B
Squat
Pullups
Press
Pendlay Rows
Dips
Various Cleans
Curl
Ext Rotator Cuff

When I get halfway through 10s I start alternating Pendlay Rows (B) and Pullups (A) due to the deadlift weight getting heavy.

I do grip training infrequent/randomly with an adjustable gripper. I cant seem to get it on a schedule.

I used to do 1x15/2x10/3x5, but have found that for some reason I get overtraining symptoms doing that. I dropped to 1x15/1x10+1x5/2x5 and the over training symptoms went away. I guess I am jsut a sissy. Also I seem to need to progress slower when I hit the 5s because it seems to drop my strength and make me rediculously sore if I bump up the weight too fast, so I went from 6 increments to 9 increments.

Thanks, keep 'em coming, these programs seem really solid and I think they are good examples that newer guys can look at and learn from how to prepare their own routines.

Simple and to the point

Workout A
HST: One Arm Bent-Over Row, Seated Press
5x5 / 10x3 Variant: Hack Squat

Workout B
HST: Pullover, Barbell Curl
5x5 / 10x3 Variant: Deadlift

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 29 2008,7:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am just curious as to what everyone is doing.  </div>
Squats/Deads
Chins/Dips
Benches/Rows

Plus a few isos to pay a little extra attention to my spindly arms and legs. I'll drop them out when the real stuff starts getting heavy.

well basically i start of with 16 reps almost to failure ,basically my 16 rep max then add weight to the bar each week which in turn brings my reps down 16-12-10-7-5-2(ish).keeping the progressive load but not worrying about the exact number of reps.

so monday i do chest and bi's.

chest 3 sets of flat dumbell 3 sets dips 3 sets incline 2 sets of flie's.

biceps; 2 sets hammers 2 sets incline dumbells 2 sets cables or zedbar curls.

wednesday:

back and tri's
back; 3 sets wide chins, 3 sets db rows, 3 sets deads when i can do them, 2 any lat stretching

tri's : 2 sets overhead db's(french press style) 2 sets push downs (similar to dip machine) 2 sets rope or bar presses

friday: shoulders 2 sets military press(smith machine) 2 sets behind neck press(smith machine) 2 sets side laterals 2 sets rear laterals and 2 sets of anterior delts(any exercise). 2 sets shrugs rear(behind back) and 2 front

sunday legs: 3 sets squats 3 sets legs press 2 sets ham pulls and leg extentions (machine for both). 4 sets calves and finish with abs.

and thats a typical workout at the moment.im gonna head back to hst soon but this is workin fine at the moment.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 30 2008,10:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Simple and to the point</div>
Colby, no pecs?

Texas Method

Mon - Volume
Back Squats 5x5
Bench or OH Press 5x5
BOR 5x5

Wed - Light
Front Squats 3x5
OH Press or Bench 3x5
Deadlift (heavy) 1x5

Fri - Intensity
Back Squats 1RM, 2RM, or 3RM
Bench or OH Press 1RM, 2RM, or 3RM
BOR 2RM or 3RM
Dips 3x15
Chins 3x12

leg-ext.......................leg-ext
leg-curl.......................leg-curl
dips............................incline-bench
deadlift......................b-o-r
side-laterals................rear-laterals
cg-pulldowns.............cg-pulldowns palms facing
hammer-curls.............bb-curls
skullcrushers..............tri-pressdowns.
shrugs-bb.................shrugs-smith-machine

I do a 2 full-body workouts a week.My gol is to do 3 workouts per week, whit a upper body day, a lower body day, and then a full-body workout.My family and my job dont give that, so I train 2 times only.My volume tolerance is very low, and I only do lower reps.More than 5 reps on me and I am out.

A

Leg press 3x5
Bench press 10 singles
One-arm dunbell rows 3 x5
MP 2x5
Barbell curls 1x5
Barbell wrist curl 1x10
Reverse grip barbell curls 1x8
Back extension 1x10

B

Deadlifts 2 x5
Chins 10 total reps whit my 5 rm
Pull-up 1x5
Incline dunbell bench press 3x5
Dunbell lateral raises 1 x12
Triceps extension 1 x8
Dips 1x6
Calve work 1x10
L-fly 1 x15

Whit this volume I cant gain size, but at least I gain strength.When I will move to a 3 times a week routine whit more volume, size will comes.

<div>
(electric @ Apr. 30 2008,11:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 30 2008,10:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Simple and to the point</div>
Colby, no pecs?</div>
Pullovers

Any type of bench press is impossible at the moment with the equipment that I have. Every once in a while, I will do some static holds for dips using two chairs.

I'm having some health issues lately so I'm keeping it simple:

A:
Squat
Bench
Bentover Row
Skullcrushers (trying to maintain what I've gained in my arms)

B:
Deadlift
Chins
Dips

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 30 2008,4:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Pullovers

Any type of bench press is impossible at the moment with the equipment that I have. Every once in a while, I will do some static holds for dips using two chairs.</div>
Pullovers target lats; pecs are only synergists. Do you really feel your pecs are getting some work? Isn't pullover hard on the shoulder? What's your impression on it?
Can't you do flat DB bench with your equip?

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 30 2008,3:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(electric @ Apr. 30 2008,11:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
Colby, no pecs?</div>
Pullovers

Any type of bench press is impossible at the moment with the equipment that I have. Every once in a while, I will do some static holds for dips using two chairs.</div>
just stick with dips and fill your pockets with lead or spare change
biggrin.gif

Electric,

Good observation about how pecs are hit in the pullover. I have a ratty old bench that I do not trust my life with. I should be getting a bench this summer after the expenses of the wedding are cleared. And yes, pullovers do hit the shoulders pretty good. The exercise truly hits the entire upper body; you should try it some time.

Lcars,

As I said, I do utilize the chair dips, but only about once every two weeks.

I can't wait to get that bench/rack combo!

<div>
(colby2152 @ May 01 2008,11:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Electric,

Good observation about how pecs are hit in the pullover.  I have a ratty old bench that I do not trust my life with.  I should be getting a bench this summer after the expenses of the wedding are cleared.  And yes, pullovers do hit the shoulders pretty good.  The exercise truly hits the entire upper body; you should try it some time.</div>
colby, I'll try them. You sound enthusiastic about them
smile.gif

Actually when I mentioned the shoulders I was more worried about joint pain/stress then muscular work. Pullovers look like they would hurt my shoulder.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 30 2008,3:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(electric @ Apr. 30 2008,11:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Colby, no pecs?</div>Any type of bench press is impossible at the moment with the equipment that I have.</div>
If you don't work your pecs, pretty soon you'll have tits...  
sad.gif

How about a Floor Press? You've got a floor, don't you?

Back