What is volume and frequency

Sonny

Can someone give me the definition of “volume and frequency” as it pertains to HST. Please just a simple answer if possible .
So I’m sure I’m on the right track.
Volume=
Frequency=

Volume=How much work IE REPS X SETS
Frequency=How often you work

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ Aug. 30 2004,7:49)]Volume=How much work IE REPS X SETS
I always thought volume = reps * sets * weight. I was also thinking if one wanted to get real anal you'd probably have to factor in time under tension.

Volume of work from what I understand wouldn't include the load. I could be incorrect though. Everything I have ever seen on volume is strictly work related not load.

The amount of volume quantifies TUT, 3 sets X 10 reps @ 2 sec Concentric, 4 sec Eccentric, 1 sec pause at stretch, 1 second hold (not locked out)= TUT of 240 secs. This probably isn't the correct formula, but it is a simple explanation.

If I am wrong about these assumptions, please feel free to clarify.

Volume is generally considered to be reps x sets in strength training.

The amount of weight that is used is generally described in terms of "intensity" and is always a percentage of the individuals "max" whether it be 1RM or some other measurement.

Frequency, as mentioned above, is how often a training bout is repeated. It can mean how often an identical workout is repeated but it can also mean how often you train regardless of what you do during that workout.

Back