when cutting, when to SD?

BPM

What signs should I look for when cutting that indicate I should SD?

I've been lifting hard and heavy for 2 months straight while in a caloric deficit. Been carbing up for 24 hrs every 2 weeks, sometimes every week if I feel the need. I plan on cutting until August but can't imagine I can go that long without a good long SD or two.

Only SD if you feel like you need a break. No reason to SD during a cut unless you need to reset metabolism or are getting burned out. It goes without saying, but eat at maintenance when on SD...Not your old maintenance, figure out what your new maintenance should be based on your new weight and eat that much each day.

I really just don't know what signs to look for when I need a break. I work a physical job, and added with a cutting diet, fatigue is a daily occurrence. Should I be looking for poor gym performance? Aches and pains? I really have no idea.

And I weigh myself and adjust calories weekly. I will do the same for and SD to figure my maint cals.

Only SD if you feel like you need a break. No reason to SD during a cut unless you need to reset metabolism or are getting burned out. It goes without saying, but eat at maintenance when on SD...Not your old maintenance, figure out what your new maintenance should be based on your new weight and eat that much each day.

This.

And learn when your body wants a rest. If you're feeling generally tired, unmotivated, fatigued etc. then it's likely time to take two weeks off and come back refreshed on all fronts.

Back