whey protein/lactose

jmm

Starting to find that drinking more a cup or so of milk doesn't seem to agree with my stomach (no big deal, just enough that I figure I might get a test for lactose intolerance some time next year). Haven't been drinking whey shakes for a while (been loads of really tasty fish and meat in season, and was too temped by that to bother replacing my last tub when it ran out
tounge.gif
)

Anyway, buying some more whey now. Trying to decide whether it's worth going for the isolate (cause of reduced lactose) - or is the lactose level in the concentrate (c. 80% protein) likely to be low enough not to be an issue. iirc, someone posted a paper on why even concentrate is too low in lactose to be an issue for most people, but can't remember what or where... btw, whey would just be for a scoops before and after training.

30grams of WPC80 will provide around 1.5grams of lactose. IF you get a response from a product containing that level of lactose, its proabbly not the lactose that is causing the issue.

ah, thanks - my maths sees to be getting worse
sad.gif
Anyway, drank 100ml of milk w/ no ill effects (don't normally just drink milk) so, as you say, if the WPC causes problems at least I know it's not lactose that's the issue ;)

Back