Why never and flat bench ?

Xcalibur

i just wondered because do dips and incline do all thats needed ? or would flat bench hit it more or make it grow differently ? :eek: i dunno

Moving this to General Training for ya, to perhaps get some good opinions for ya.
thumbs-up.gif

i dont really know, i asked myself the same question. im guessing that incline get the mid to upperchest and dips gets mid to lower. so i guess you still getting your whole chest if you do the exercise properly. but its still werid because i was always used to flat bench......

I' ve been thinking about this myself. Moto is right, however. Another reason to choose incline bench is that most people are having problems with their upper chest (everybody is used to flat bench). Just make sure that the bench is slightly incline. If the slope is too high, you will end up working your shoulders more than your chest.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ May 17 2005,1:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ May 17 2005,1:59)]What Moto said plus heavy flat benches can raise hell with your rotator cuff.

as can any pressing movement.

To what extent can rotator cuff work prevent this? Also, what movements should be done, how often, how many reps, etc.?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (savagebeast @ May 20 2005,11:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ May 17 2005,1:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ May 17 2005,1:59)]What Moto said plus heavy flat benches can raise hell with your rotator cuff.
as can any pressing movement.
To what extent can rotator cuff work prevent this? Also, what movements should be done, how often, how many reps, etc.?
Provided there is adequate back and shoulder (rear) work, direct RC work may not be needed in a lot of people. However, direct RC work can be useful in some

Check out Eric Cressys "cracking hte rotatorcuff conundrum" or something like that, at t-nation.com

Back