x rep

shakeel

what are your opinions of xrep?that is from 1 set you leapfog nervous system failure and pulse in the sweet max spot?http://bodybuilding.com/fun/xrep.htm

rock.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">JL: I've never taken steroids in my life. Both Steve and I were completely clean, although we were using a variety of supplements.</div>

This is totally hilarious....they gained a bunch of muscle AND lost fat in one month all because they trained using &quot;x-reps&quot; and &quot;never taken steroids.&quot;  If they had at least admitted drug use, I would take them more seriously.  Whatever they are selling, I am not buying.  These turkeys obviously ate like maniacs, trained like crazy, took alot of 'roids, got tans and body-waxed, all so they could show amazing before-and-after photos so I would 'buy' into their training crock of sh*t.
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">We started the X-Rep program right after we took those shots at the end of May. We reduced our sets slightly because of the extra X-Rep intensity, and - bang! - our bodies started changing incredibly fast.</div>

Yeah....BANG!- the 'roids kicked in.
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

Errr..they look pretty good in the before shots, not any bigger in the afters, just shed carbs and water weight. Basically they just did a good pre-show cut.

Pitty you have to pay to find out what the hell they are talking about, so we can't say how good/bad their program is. I wouldn't waste any money to find out though.

this stuff is just funny.
i agree with the above posters. these guys were in some pretty serious shape before they started their &quot;experiment&quot;  and i dont even think steroids (or serious dieting) are necessarily involved. you could easily take those before/after pics a day apart if you, get a hair cut, apply tan and oil, find some better lighting and do 20-30 min of a w/o right before the photos.

now the one thing you cant fake is the shape those guys are in to start with. they get credit for putting in the work to get there in the first place (drugs etc not withstanding) but all this x-reps stuff is just another publicity/marketing scheme that will change only when they run out of letters in the alphabet.

As we are all having a bit of fun, here's another one that might make you laugh (or cry!) a bit:

Gorilla Strength

I love sites that start &quot;Dear friend&quot;. That's internet speak for &quot;Give me your money you schmuck!&quot;

Hilarious! I can't WAIT to become a MAN by swinging like a monkey! And of course...
&quot;The total amount for the entire Primate Power Super Strength System - which includes the course manual, three DVDs, beginner, intermediate and advanced workout programs plus the two live teleseminars - is only $349.00, a mere pittance to reclaim your manhood. &quot;

Sure was nice of them to include pictures of their new physiques wasn't it? Oh, that's right...they didn't!

I bought all 3 of the X-reps pdf's this summer (X-reps, beyond X-reps and their stomach stuff) before I found HST and MaxStim.  I didn't get anything special in terms of results (I did add muscle, but not any faster than when I lifted normally) - the only real benefit I got from it was 1 or 2 new exercises that I hadn't thought about (incline rows for example).

If the X-reps worked so well, they wouldn't have had to have their follow up of beyond X-reps which rather than a specific routine or method, has about 15 ways to modify the X-reps and then they throw it all together in a confusing mish-mash of names/x-rep variations and call it a routine.  Its more of a shotgun of variations and they hope something will work for you.

Example (I just cracked open the pdf....):  Iso-X, X-Fade, X-Pause, X-Double Overload, etc. etc.

I had much, much better results with HST and so far the best results with Max-stim.

Hope that helps.

It's sick, just sick, the way these losers will invent crap to take your money. Cons have been around a long time but what is sad is that some of these lifters actually believe in their ideas!
The biggest ripoff to me was Joe Weider, when he put his name on every BB principle there was at the time. Remember? The Weider Confusion Principle, Weider progression principle, Weider Forced Rep Principle, etc. etc. - only he didn't try to make money off them, he just wanted his name bigger than his magazine, his name on the BB contests, his name on the (often crappy) BB supplements, and his name on some of the world's worst BB equipment.
I wouldn't want my name on a bench with a leg extension that you would hit your heels on the bench's feet in the return swing...or a rubber band workout bench that the steel tubing actually flexes when you use it. (I actually found one of these: use it to hold my radio). He's called the 'Father of Bodybuilding'...and in a sense he is: his rag was the first one to be filled with advertisements with endorsements by 'Roiders claiming they got that way with his products, exersize routines that would only work for 'roiders, and stuff thought up by people who don't even lift. Yeah, he led the way.

I often add a banana to my milk/powder protein shake and I do believe I may be stronger than a pygmy marmoset...
biggrin.gif

Like Quad points out with Weider's renaming everthing after himself, most of this stuff is already around in some form or another -- these guys just try new packaging and a fancy name.  Tot pointed out once that the idea behind &quot;J-reps&quot;  
tounge.gif
 was already there in 21s.  Even these &quot;primate strength&quot; body weight concepts already exist in places like Jon Hinds' Monkey Bar Gymnasium and the related Lifeline products.  

I'm not saying that some of these guys don't occasionally add something to the concepts, but to claim that that they are totally new is an insult to those who came before them (as well as our intelligence).

Back